2021 - What I did today
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
#1,121
Yesterday did the weekly sow list and managed to catch a glimpse of the village on TV when one of the Tour de France helicopters did a little scenic detour as the peloton thundered through Bagnères de Bigorre just up the road! Dug out clay for the extension foundations.
Today strimmed the veg garden paths and down by the road. Desludged the pond. Took clay to the tip.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,122
Thursday was watering, harvesting, armpit removals on toms & cucumber and stone picking.
Friday was work, some fruit picking that blackbird missed, potted up some cuttings.
Today will be work , probably watering tunnels followed by no idea.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
#1,123
Too hot to do anything really. Going out when I finish my cup of tea to water the greenhouse.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Spec Offline
#1,124
Was walking round the garden today and discovered that a couple of my lilies have lily beetle larvae on the leaves, strange that there are several lilies in flower along with about 30 still to flower, but the ones with the larvae are both yellow, I squashed most of them and sprayed them all with a garlic, soap spray, don't know if it will effect the lilies but hope it will have an effect on the larvae
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
#1,125
To hot to do anything really, just watered in the tunnel, outdoor raised beds and patio plants when it cooled down. The went for a spin across the bog on my quad.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Bren Offline
#1,126
Not much in the garden watered the GH and a few seedling early on but that will be about it for the day.

Broadway Offline
#1,127
Finished tidying the broad bean bed I picked yesterday, will plant the asparagus tomorrow.

Shelled the broad beans, 5 × 2 portions, freezer.

Harvested a few potatoes for tea.

Dumped all the broad bean bits in the compost bin.

That was it, too hot.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,128
Picked CFB, DFB, mangetout, 2 sungold,raspberries, blackcurrants, gooseberries, courgettes and discovered a blackbird had helped itself to my first craigella tomato in the gh so set up a screen at the door. That all took longer than expected and I was melting so gave up to go indoors in the cool for a late lunch.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Bren Offline
#1,129
Added the last bit of shading to my GH, then picked a few things for this evenings meal. It’s been to hot in the garden to do much else.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,130
Watered everything. Weeded bed 2. Strimmed the veggie garden. Potted on lots of flowery things. Took cuttings. Potted on the 2 late sown jalapeños. Harvested first spuds, found a few just started to sprout so replant them, added more compost & potato fertiliser.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie