What your favourite breakfast?
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(30-12-2020, 08:28 PM)Proserpina Wrote: Breakfast is just wrong. I don't know how anyone can eat at that time of day! I generally only eat after I've finished work, so not before about 6pm on a workday, and sometimes as late as 10 or 11pm. I only eat in the morning when I'm coming off a night shift.

I do hope you're eating properly at the moment Pros, you'll never get better otherwise.  (You can hear the mother in me coming out thereSmile )
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(30-12-2020, 04:19 PM)Vinny Wrote: I've decided mine is a fried egg between two sliced of buttered toast. Naturally I spread the yolk out so I get a bit of yolk in every bite! Big Grin
That's called an egg banjo!

I rarely eat breakfast - usually 11sies? Brunch.
and the absolute best is tinned sardines on toast with a coffee Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Best breakfast is 2 cups of coffee.
Next best is 2 cups of coffee and a bowl of porridge.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(30-12-2020, 10:36 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(30-12-2020, 04:19 PM)Vinny Wrote: I've decided mine is a fried egg between two sliced of buttered toast. Naturally I spread the yolk out so I get a bit of yolk in every bite! Big Grin
That's called an egg banjo!

I rarely eat breakfast - usually 11sies? Brunch.
and the absolute best is tinned sardines on toast with a coffee Smile
You have just brought back a memory I had forgotten. My Uncle used to call it an egg banjo! Big Grin

On a different note someone mentioned earlier in the thread eating one meal a day. I was you tubing this dieting technique a while ago but decided I haven't got the willpower to try it or the other alternatives of fasting.
Its pointless me making new years resolutions as I rarely keep them. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
Always porridge. If I have something else, I miss porridge so much I invariably have it for lunch. Whole oats with boiling water buzzed for 60 seconds in the MW, add a splash of milk, sometimes a spoon of honey. Sheer ambrosia.

In summer I sometimes have it raw with fruit - I suppose that makes it muesli. I'll always love the Scandanavians for inventing muesli Big Grin
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 3 users Like Moth's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
(31-12-2020, 10:36 AM)Moth Wrote: In summer I sometimes have it raw with fruit - I suppose that makes it muesli. I'll always love the Scandanavians for inventing muesli Big Grin
Bob does that regularly, I’m 99% sure he’s just to lazy to cook it  Rolleyes .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Moth, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Anything with mushrooms
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Moth, Scarlet

Spec Offline
I have porridge practically every day and I eat it uncooked quite a lot, don't need to use gas, saves moneyRolleyes if not porridge a slice of wholemeal bread out the freezer toasted
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Moth

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(31-12-2020, 01:54 PM)Spec Wrote: I have porridge practically every day and I eat it uncooked quite a lot, don't need to use gas, saves moneyRolleyes if not porridge a slice of wholemeal bread out the freezer toasted

This confused me for  second. I mentally put the missing comma in the wrong place and tried to imagined how you would porridge a slice of toast.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(31-12-2020, 01:54 PM)Spec Wrote: I have porridge practically every day and I eat it uncooked quite a lot, don't need to use gas, saves moneyRolleyes if not porridge a slice of wholemeal bread out the freezer toasted

Uncooked?   Dry out of the packet,  or soaked in milk/water like Bircher muesli?  The former sounds a little weird  Blush
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Moth, Veggie