What your favourite breakfast?
Spec Offline
^^^^ Uncooked porridge with a little milk, or uncooked porridge with a little covering of honey and some waterSmile
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Bren Offline
I used to eat porridge oats but then i discovered pinhead oats I think they're much tastier and have a kind of a nutty texture they're soaked overnight in water then cooked in a double boiler pan. I do enough to last Mon to Friday they just need a min in the m/wave.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Moth, Spec

Spec Offline
Bren what is pinhead oats never came across them, as for cooking for the week, a weeks supply of porridge for the family was cooked then poured into a special drawer and you then cut a block from it for your breakfast, you then just added hot water a wee bit salt and mashed it up, greatBig Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
Spec pinhead oats are whole oats grains that have chopped into 3 pieces, the Americans call them Steel cut and I've heard them called Coarse oatmeal. I'm lucky enough to be able to buy mine from a local seed merchant.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Spec, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(01-01-2021, 01:08 PM)Spec Wrote: Bren what is pinhead oats never came across them, as for cooking for the week, a weeks supply of porridge for the family was cooked then poured into a special drawer and you then cut a block from it for your breakfast, you then just added hot water a wee bit salt and mashed it up, greatBig Grin
Ya reckon?????? Cry Doesn't float my boat I'm afraid! Sad
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB

Jay Offline
There’s Scarlet sneaking in her sardines on toast for breakfast again...it’s just wrong! Yuk! Big Grin
My favourite breakfast is french toast, streaky bacon and maple syrup. Yum!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 5 users Like Jay's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I do like a bit of French toast at anytime not just breakfast
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Vinny

Bren Offline
I've not had French toast for years might have to have it one lunchtime, not today though I'm having Stilton toasties.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(06-01-2021, 04:19 AM)Jay Wrote: There’s Scarlet sneaking in her sardines on toast for breakfast again...it’s just wrong! Yuk! Big Grin
My favourite breakfast is french toast, streaky bacon and maple syrup. Yum!
Honestly! Sweet stuff doesn't go with breakfast and coffee Big Grin just all wrong!
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I quite like jam on toast or on a croissant with a cup of coffee. The croissant would be in the French cafe in Nantwich if it is ever open again. Used to be a treat once a month for the farmers market.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man