How will you be spending Christmas
Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
My parents live around the corner, and my Uncle (Disabled, that we help) up the street. We normally have family Sunday dinner and Christmas together. So glad that the regulations will us to be together x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 8 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

Bren Offline
(06-12-2020, 07:03 PM)Admin Wrote: Just curious to know how people will be spending Christmas?

As much as we would love to see our Grandchildren we have decided to have a face time Christmas.  Christmas dinner for us will be spent over the plots.
We're doing the same as you Boss  there'll be just us two having dinner then chatting to family via the PC.   and text.
[-] The following 6 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Moth, Small chilli, Veggie

Jay Offline
Same here, just me, OH and son who lives with us. Will FaceTime our daughter and son in law and take a walk to my mother in laws later in the day with a socially distanced chat in the garden. Having given up everything and come so far it would be a shame to lose it for one day!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 7 users Like Jay's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Moth, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Greenfingers Offline
I am still struggling with Christmas. Normally I invite 4 of the elderly in-laws for Christmas dinner (all seperate households), Obviously I can't do that this year. I then visit my family, sisters and brother in laws on Boxing Day.
No matter what I do on Christmas Day someone is going to be upset and I can see no answer to it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Greenfingers's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Moth, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Well, I'm also in a dilemma. We have been very strict since before lockdown officially started in March. We closed down early as I was worried.
I've had my brother here two weekends in the summer - they had to sleep in tents and use the camper van Big Grin their kids loved it!
My step Dad has been here twice in the summer and lunch in the garden was fine.
Then we had the builders in...but they are outside.

Now what do I do? Boys are coming home this week - one has already had it.
My neighbors usually come in for drinks - I've already said it's a no no.
My brother and family can't sleep in tents in this. So do we risk it for just 2 days?
I would love to have a BBQ, wish I lived closer to family.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Moth, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I will be spending it on my own.

My parents have my younger brother living at home and they are already in a bubble with my 91-year-old Grandma. My older brother is planning to move back from Guernsey just before Christmas and will have nowhere to stay except for with my parents (but won't have been back long enough by Christmas for him to count as part of their household). I would be one household too many, so I will have to stay away.

I'm not a huge fan of Christmas anyway, so it's not too calamitous. I'm somehow not working over the four-day Christmas weekend (I'm working the weekend before Christmas and right through New Year instead) so that could mean four days sat by myself in my room. However, I'm still living in staff accommodation at the hospital, so I'll probably pop into my ward once a day to troubleshoot and get some human contact! I'm sure I can fill the rest of the time with computer games, YouTube, snacking, and sleeping.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 5 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Moth, Veggie

Baldy Offline
Hmm, not told the family yet but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8CEUNn3khU
[-] The following 5 users Like Baldy's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(08-12-2020, 08:41 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Well, I'm also in a dilemma. We have been very strict since before lockdown officially started in March. We closed down early as I was worried.
I've had my brother here two weekends in the summer - they had to sleep in tents and use the camper van Big Grin their kids loved it!
My step Dad has been here twice in the summer and lunch in the garden was fine.
Then we had the builders in...but they are outside.

Now what do I do? Boys are coming home this week - one has already had it.
My neighbors usually come in for drinks - I've already said it's a no no.
My brother and family can't sleep in tents in this. So do we risk it for just 2 days?
I would love to have a BBQ, wish I lived closer to family.
Here's your let-out, Scarlet.............https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-55230715

[b]People in Wales have been "strongly advised" by scientific advisers to postpone celebrating Christmas together and to put off reunions if possible.[/b]

They say families with children should consider "pre-isolating" at home for 10 days before seeing elderly relatives.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Moth, Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
The link doesn't work VC?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(08-12-2020, 09:02 PM)Proserpina Wrote: I will be spending it on my own.

My parents have my younger brother living at home and they are already in a bubble with my 91-year-old Grandma. My older brother is planning to move back from Guernsey just before Christmas and will have nowhere to stay except for with my parents (but won't have been back long enough by Christmas for him to count as part of their household). I would be one household too many, so I will have to stay away. 

I'm not a huge fan of Christmas anyway, so it's not too calamitous. I'm somehow not working over the four-day Christmas weekend (I'm working the weekend before Christmas and right through New Year instead) so that could mean four days sat by myself in my room. However, I'm still living in staff accommodation at the hospital, so I'll probably pop into my ward once a day to troubleshoot and get some human contact! I'm sure I can fill the rest of the time with computer games, YouTube, snacking, and sleeping.
Existing bubbles count as 1 household  - so in theory you can join them for Christmas.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Moth