Old seeds
Spec Offline
Having read Veggie's thread about 2,000 year old dates (I think she placed them in a box and forgot about them) and I am sure there is a reference to an exhibition strain of onions coming from a packet of seeds that was in a jacket pocket for 7 years, made me wonder how many gardeners have had good results from seeds which have been well past their best by date, personally I haven't a clue as I don't keep records of seed sowing etc. but perhaps you have, or have heard of good results from old seed, if so please tell. Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Tomato and bean seeds are quite vigorous, well after their sow by dates.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
According to Lawrence D. Hills, pumpkin, courgette and cucumber seeds should keep for 6 or 7 years with old seed reputed to have a higher proportion of female flowers.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Spec, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
This is a good list

https://www.realseeds.co.uk/seedlife.html
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Spec

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I had problems with DFB’s not growing from seeds that were about 3-4 year old, threw them out and bought fresh seed which grew late in the season just gone.
I have successfully sowed peas that were easily 4-5 year old, just steep tnem in water overnight put them sitting on some damp potting compost and watch for the little tails, success rate about 80% sprouting all sprouted plants grew.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Mark_Riga, Spec