Pneumonia Jab
Broadway Offline
Hi Folks

When I was having my flu jab Thursday the chemist mentioned i should probably be eligible for the pneumonia jab as well.

Must admit I didn't even know there  was one, has anyone had it?
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Admin Offline
The Boss
I sure have, its a one off thing, normally around 65
[-] The following 1 user Likes Admin's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(03-10-2020, 02:16 PM)Admin Wrote: I sure have, its a one off thing, normally around 65
Cheers boss
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I had one with my first flu jab last year. All very easy, no reaction to either. Funnily, the second flu jab (the medics say) is the one they worry about if there is going to be a reaction, I.e. anaphylaxis, that's why they told me to go to a doctor's surgery rather than a pharmacy or bulk jabbing station. Thankfully no problem there either.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(03-10-2020, 02:39 PM)JJB Wrote: I had one with my first flu jab last year.  All very easy, no reaction to either.  Funnily, the second flu jab (the medics say) is the one they worry about if there is going to be a reaction, I.e. anaphylaxis,  that's why they told me to go to a doctor's surgery rather than a pharmacy or bulk jabbing station.  Thankfully no problem there either.
Thanks JJB

On my recommendation Mrs B had the flu jab for the first time last year, her arm has only just recovered! !

Suffice to say she isn't having it the year!
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-10-2020, 02:43 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 02:39 PM)JJB Wrote: I had one with my first flu jab last year.  All very easy, no reaction to either.  Funnily, the second flu jab (the medics say) is the one they worry about if there is going to be a reaction, I.e. anaphylaxis,  that's why they told me to go to a doctor's surgery rather than a pharmacy or bulk jabbing station.  Thankfully no problem there either.
Thanks JJB

On my recommendation Mrs B had the flu jab for the first time last year, her arm has only just recovered! !

Wow, serious side effect!  I wouldn't either in those circumstances.   Was her arm bad for a year?!
My mum would never have them,  she said they gave her the flu and she could do without that. Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(03-10-2020, 02:51 PM)JJB Wrote:
Thanks JJB

Wow, serious side effect!  I wouldn't either in those circumstances.   Was her arm bad for a year?!
My mum would never have them,  she said they gave her the flu and she could do without that. Smile
Pain in the arm/shoulder only just got the full movement back. She had a cortisone injection and was on various medication
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-10-2020, 02:58 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 02:51 PM)JJB Wrote:
Thanks JJB

Pain in the arm/shoulder only just got the full movement back. She had a cortisone injection and was on various medication
Horrendous.  My sympathy to Mrs. B.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
OH got a text last Saturday morning asking her to go and get a flu jab at the Doctors before 1.30pm that day. I took her and there were hundreds going in and out like a conveyor belt. The Doctor injected OH then said she would inject me to save me coming back (I hadn't had a text) 
Very well organised and quick. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
There's a Shingles vaccination too - not sure what the age limit is for that.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man