Potatoes attacked
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I have had my entire winter new potatoes crop destroyed by aphids (I’m assuming they are called aphids)   All my Pentland javelins and Roosters were growing great they were all at least 2 foot high, when these tiny white flies attacked them. I have been spraying with bug clear (which stinks the tunnel) but to no avail, there are some on my chillies, cucumbers and DFB’s but don’t seem to have been affected the cucumbers at the end of its life so I’ll be pulling them up. 
Any suggestions for what to do in the tunnel ?
What about composting the damaged plants can I ?
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

Mikey Offline
A little washing up liquid in a mister Full of water should be enough to control whitefly, they had a good go at my cucumbers earlier this year, but they came back. So hopefully all isn’t lost.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Thanks Mikey I made up a spray today and sprayed at lunchtime, I fear the potatoes are lost and now there are clouds of them coming from my chillies. I need to spray more than once a day I fear. Maybe even deluge but might damage the chillies

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
The spuds should be ok underground?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(22-09-2020, 07:50 AM)Scarlet Wrote: The spuds should be ok underground?
Don’t not think there will be much there as they were only starting to grow, they were to be my Christmas new potatoes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Mark_Riga