Kitchen design apps??
Mikey Offline
(23-09-2020, 10:43 PM)Veggie Wrote: .............but you'd have to bend down to see what was happening and you don.t know how big Scarlet's bottom is. Wink

I know you don't use your aga V, but even when you did you couldn't see through the door!! Tongue

The single oven is behind you in this plan when you are facing the microwave so the same is true of that aswell. Wink

Generally you don't want any greater than 1200mm between an island and another worktop because that is the average two-step distance for an adult.

For me, it's a golden rule if you take something out of the oven and you turn to put it onto the hob in this instance you don't want to make more than 2 steps because after two steps the brain realises that you should have folded the teatowel one more time, and the dish is too hot!!!! so you drop it or burn yourself. 

I don't think it's building regulation rule as such, because it doesn't mention tea towels in any of the documents, I know I've checked. :: Tongue
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Oi you two!! I have a small rear ....maybe a slight exaggeration Big Grin

I love the dark grey!
The space between the Aga and opposite worktop is 1550 at the moment and it's two far. I have to do two steps. Big Grin

I've just looked at that model steam/Combi. Perfect. Steam ovens bake good cakes, and I eat lots of fish so when I turn the Aga off in the summer I think that would get good use.
I use the Microwave just to defrost things
- usually tomatoes/apples/fruit etc or stuff I've bagged up. So it's not an essential bit of kit.

It's amazing when you start planning how many times you change your mind Big Grin OH questioning now whether I need such a huge fridge. But I think you can never have too much fridge space.
Still very much in love with the chimney! Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mikey

Mikey Offline
I’ll sort out some elevations as well so you can think about what will be positioned in each cupboard then we can make any tweaks needed. Smile And consider any internal details.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Agree with the grey just on the island...I know it's dark but with the rest of the room light I think it will work?

I'm trying to keep cost down, what's the best options for worktop on the island? Would wood work or am I better trying to find something else? I don't think my budget will stretch to granite.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I don't want to cause you any extra work....but....we will be losing my porch to get this extra space. When we go for dog walks our wellies get left in the porch. That will now be the kitchen Sad

So I was thinking the cupboard/bookcase to the right of the fridge could be just a box with a lid on it to hide our boots and when the lid goes down we can use it for sticking a bag on or sitting on to take boots off?? Is that wide enough.
  • Can the Man

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
"They" used to say that "you" should have a marble slab for making pastry. I don't have one but its my excuse for not making pastry.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Scarlet, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(24-09-2020, 07:32 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I don't want to cause you any extra work....but....we will be losing my porch to get this extra space. When we go for dog walks our wellies get left in the porch. That will now be the kitchen Sad

So I was thinking the cupboard/bookcase to the right of the fridge could be just a box with a lid on it to hide our boots and when the lid goes down we can use it for sticking a bag on or sitting on to take boots off?? Is that wide enough.
Depends on size of your bottom.  Tongue
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
The other question - The curved door on the end run next to the Aga? Are they easily found?
  • Can the Man

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(24-09-2020, 07:32 PM)Veggie Wrote: "They" used to say that "you" should have a marble slab for making pastry. I don't have one but its my excuse for not making pastry.
Cold hands work too Big Grin 

i love making pastry....I don't know how you could have a lovely Aga and not use it. It's a friendSmiley OH wants us to get rid of it but I just can't. I love it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
VC!!! Leave my bottom out of this Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie