If.....
Admin Offline
The Boss
If you won £1000 to spend on your garden or allotment, what would you buy?

It was a question Mrs Boss posed and I couldn't really think as I have two tunnels and three greenhouses already.

What would you spend it on?
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Broadway Offline
An IBC, Tunnel, and Fruit Cage
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I would spend it on metal frames!! I want added height in my garden with flowering plants - not trees.
If I had that I could buy those huge arches and make a long rose tunnel.

..and a fruit cage, also a hard standing for cold frames and a place to harden /keep my potted plants I start off.

And I'm hoping to eventually have my kitchen extending after 20years wait, so a pergola /patio area. A little place to drink some fizz

But practically I think I may have to have an old conker tree cut down. Not sure there will be much change after that job Sad it looks like it died this summer...
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Jimny14 Offline
Remove two massive leylandii hedges from the boarder of the veg area, replace the long one bordering the neighbours to the south with a low hedge or fence, (maybe 3-4' rather that 8-9' weve currently got), the shorter length separating the lawn from the veg patch is to be replaced with a fence ( to keep the screen for my wifes sensibilities) and plant up the west side with cordon fruit trees, the east side I will probably plant up with mixed soft fruit from cuttings we've got available, sonprobably gooseberry and raspberries.
That should sort out the money available no problem, after that I'm considering a potager garden with raised beds and gravel paths but I'd need a further windfall for that I reckon.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jimny14's post:

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
1. I'd like a paved path from the house to the end of the garden to make it easier for wheelbarrows and keep my feet drier.

2. Also remove an overgrown "rockery" between GHs 2 and 3 and level and pave it so that I can move from one GH to the other easily and have some potting up benches in between them.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, JJB

doublyjonah Offline
Shed, fruit cage, assorted plant supports, strimmer, water butts, some sort of compost bays, and heaps of manure and wood chip. (I'd buy them all secondhand or on sale to stretch my buck Smile )
[-] The following 4 users Like doublyjonah's post:

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
replace the eight concrete paving slabs laid direct on the soil outside the patio window with a proper small patio and if there was any change, a small table and 2 chairs to put on it. Smile
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 5 users Like Moth's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Jimny14, JJB, Veggie

Jay Offline
Oh definitely a greenhouse for starters!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 4 users Like Jay's post:

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Hmm, that's tricky since I've already spent a lot more than a grand on renovating our garden. I'd probably fritter it away on luxuries: fancy growing cages for my raised beds, big pots for growing chillies etc in the conservatory, the latest high-tech propagator kit, solar lighting, that kind of thing.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Eyren's post:

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
chilli grow system (lots of them). Chilli seeds.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny