The build
Broadway Offline
Hi SC

Do you have any idea on the actual finish date, ish?

Appreciate your answer may just be 2022Smile
Regards..........Danny Smile

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Hopefully before we have to reapply for building warrant. Building warrant only lasts 3 years. We’re a year in already (thanks to the incompetence of solicitors & engineers).
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Oh ok
Regards..........Danny Smile

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Today has been spent cleaning my new utility room cupboards & kitchen sink (decided a smaller sink in the kitchen is advisable)

During cleaning 

After 

Some will probably end up as shed cupboards the work top will definitely be shed shelving. It’s that horrible “stains as soon as look at it” textured stuff. Hate it! Have that in the kitchen at the moment.
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, Broadway, JJB, MartinH, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Today will be spent mucking out the house ready for our tame electrician and his lovely lady coming round this evening to help us work out what & where things are needed. This area is a proper mine field and regulation changes so frequently. This is mostly going to be a little to complicated for my tiny little brain. Still very exciting nonetheless.
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Exciting times. Big Grin
All I would say is - you can never have too many power points, especially in the kitchen. No disrespect to men, but they don't seem to be able to grasp that notion...........and, don't have a single socket when you can have a double in the same place.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(22-07-2021, 08:31 AM)Veggie Wrote: Exciting times. Big Grin
All I would say is - you can never have too many power points, especially in the kitchen. No disrespect to men, but they don't seem to be able to grasp that notion...........and, don't have a single socket when you can have a double in the same place.
That’s the bit I do understand. It’s the magic that makes the electric get to the switches & sockets I don’t really get. 
During the planning stage me & Bob both had a plan each of the house and drew where we wanted all the light switches & sockets. Without looking over each other’s shoulders. We were pretty much exactly the same. Just a couple of sockets out. I agree 100% no point in single sockets.
Things we’re learning is if you’re fuse box is more than 3m from where it comes into the house you have to have armoured cable. If it’s less than 3m you don’t. Regulations now say all new builds have to have an earthing rod. That’s a new introduction since we got planning. Think it still applies as we’ve not built yet. Don’t know where that needs to go.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Agree about the sockets............no singles in my house. I also went for chrome ones. Smile

Living room has a double socket in all four corners so I can stick the telly wherever I want to.  Rolleyes

Your oak units fior the utility  are the same as mine. I got a shed load off ebay for £250 including brand new unused high level cooker which still works fine. I don't think the style is in 'vogue' today but neither am I and it suits my tastes. A couple of double USB sockets would be handy as well.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(18-07-2021, 04:01 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Hopefully before we have to reapply for building warrant. Building warrant only lasts 3 years. We’re a year in already (thanks to the incompetence of solicitors & engineers).
Doesn't starting it means that you don't have to reapply?

We started ours in November - planning ran out ages ago....we aren't finished but so long as we had started digging we were allowed to carry on.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(22-07-2021, 04:53 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(18-07-2021, 04:01 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Hopefully before we have to reapply for building warrant. Building warrant only lasts 3 years. We’re a year in already (thanks to the incompetence of solicitors & engineers).
Doesn't starting it means that you don't have to reapply?

We started ours in November - planning ran out ages ago....we aren't finished but so long as we had started digging we were allowed to carry on.
I used the wrong wording. We don’t have to reapply for building warrant, we have to get an extension. If we have to do that, they charge about £100 per extension and they only last 3 months. Looks like another council money making scheme to me. It’s nothing to do with planning that’s a different department and it’s the same here once you’ve started they don’t care how long it takes. Lots of rules & regulations are different up here. You’re probably fine. It’ll be different again for extension rather than a new build I’d guess.
  • Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny