Lets see inside 2020
DaiWig Offline
(20-12-2020, 09:03 PM)JJB Wrote: I have poly envy again.  With CTM and now DaiWig,  I shall now go sit in a corner and sulkSad
By the way Dai some really lovely pictures.
Now Jen
Dont be like that Wink, no sulking especially this time of year Wink. Thanks for your kind words. Its a labour of love (see my response to Veggie). Sadly Ive documented the whole project since I broke ground in July 2018 in pictures! Just finished building a corner sofa for daughters summerhouse couple of weeks ago and waiting for the material (today) to get the covers made.
Cheers
DaiWig    
Life is like a box of chocolates and so is a Polytunnel!
[-] The following 4 users Like DaiWig's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Some serious skills there DaiWig, respect.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

DaiWig Offline
(21-12-2020, 10:31 AM)JJB Wrote: Some serious skills there DaiWig, respect.
Cheers Jen
Ive also built a false wall inside from reclaimed scaffolding planks and installed an electric fire and TV to keep her out of the way with her Xbox!!whilst Im in my man cave! Rolleyes
Cheers
DaiWig
[-] The following 4 users Like DaiWig's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
DaiWig, are your skills of a DIY nature or is this sort of thing your trade. Your pics make it look so easy.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

DaiWig Offline
(21-12-2020, 10:55 AM)JJB Wrote: DaiWig, are your skills of a DIY nature or is this sort of thing your trade.  Your pics make it look so easy.
Hi Jen
Engineer by trade - transferable skills thats all and learning as I go along. Its my pet pre-retirement project so I can put my feet up with a large bottle of vino! Tongue
Cheers
Dai    
[-] The following 5 users Like DaiWig's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
When you've retired and have a few spare minutes, I'm not far down the M4 - my shed's falling apart.:
Seriously, retirement is wonderful. Don't know how I ever found time to work. Smile

PS, You can bring your Vino. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(21-12-2020, 07:27 AM)DaiWig Wrote:
(20-12-2020, 02:34 PM)Veggie Wrote: Impressive, Dai. Smile
Is your poly at home or on an allotment?
Is that a power cable that I spy?
PS We're very nosey here...............I'm one of the worst. Wink
Hi Veggie

Its at home but have a really weird set up. My neighbours garden is next to our house with side access for them to get to their backdoor. The garden is about 30m away. I retire in 18 months so 2 1/2 years ago, I decided to completely remodel the garden (420m2!) with polytunnel and decking on the bottom tier (it slopes from back to front - highest at the back), middle tier is grass and grass garden with a very old apple tree and weeping willow and the top tier has (will have) 2 summer houses. Small one for my daughter and a grown up one (27m2) - footings are down. Theres also a metal shed which Ive extended out and up for storage. The garden is wired up with CU in small summer house and shed extension ready to run mains power from the house but have extension leads at the moment until I connect the 60A cable from the house to the CU in the shed extension. Theres only the main summerhouse to build now, everything else is pretty much done so I can put my feet up in 2022!! Shed extension pics attached!
Cheers
DaiWig
That's my type of shed extension. Like it.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

DaiWig Offline
(21-12-2020, 02:05 PM)Veggie Wrote: When you've retired and have a few spare minutes, I'm not far down the M4 - my shed's falling apart.:
Seriously, retirement is wonderful. Don't know how I ever found time to work. Smile

PS, You can bring your Vino. Smile
Hi Veggie

What part of Cardiff are you in? as I used to live in PSE when I left Uni and also lived in Column Road for a few years - still have life membeship of Cardiff Uni Student Union even though I didnt go there! I know the city really well and remember watching the rugby from the stands at the Arms Park - long time ago!!
Cheers
DaiWig
[-] The following 2 users Like DaiWig's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

DaiWig Offline
(21-12-2020, 03:42 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(21-12-2020, 07:27 AM)DaiWig Wrote:
(20-12-2020, 02:34 PM)Veggie Wrote: Impressive, Dai. Smile
Is your poly at home or on an allotment?
Is that a power cable that I spy?
PS We're very nosey here...............I'm one of the worst. Wink
Hi Veggie

Its at home but have a really weird set up. My neighbours garden is next to our house with side access for them to get to their backdoor. The garden is about 30m away. I retire in 18 months so 2 1/2 years ago, I decided to completely remodel the garden (420m2!) with polytunnel and decking on the bottom tier (it slopes from back to front - highest at the back), middle tier is grass and grass garden with a very old apple tree and weeping willow and the top tier has (will have) 2 summer houses. Small one for my daughter and a grown up one (27m2) - footings are down. Theres also a metal shed which Ive extended out and up for storage. The garden is wired up with CU in small summer house and shed extension ready to run mains power from the house but have extension leads at the moment until I connect the 60A cable from the house to the CU in the shed extension. Theres only the main summerhouse to build now, everything else is pretty much done so I can put my feet up in 2022!! Shed extension pics attached!
Cheers
DaiWig
That's my type of shed extension. Like it.
Cheers Vinny. It was sorely needed and now has decking outside for when the sun shines (mancave number 2 Tongue )
Cheers
DaiWig
[-] The following 3 users Like DaiWig's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
PSE??? Is that one of the Colleges?
I grew up in Maindy, used to walk down Colum Road to work. Now I'm in North Cardiff, out in the sticks.Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB