Emoji’s
Mikey Offline
I’ve never even dabbled in the multi vitamins!! Tongue
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I shan't ask about the "mushrooms" you eat. (What's the typing stuff for poking tongue?)
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey

Mikey Offline
OH picked a bowl full of them by accident once until I told her what she was picking. I only have one vice, good food.

Sticky out tongue is : P
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I was walking the dog in a nearby field once and there was a youngish lad looking closely through the grass, so I went over and asked him if he'd lost something! He told me he was picking "mushrooms" for a steak and kidney pie that he was making for his fellow students that evening!!
  • Can the Man, Mikey

Mikey Offline
Fair play it’s hard to get kids these days to eat kidneys.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Curly, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Curly Offline
It is not illegal to pick or eat what is known as magic mushrooms, but you are braking the law if you process them and cooking them in any way is processing them, but not processing them spoils the flavour and fun

I have been told
[-] The following 2 users Like Curly's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey

Mikey Offline
There are many cultures around the world that use naturally occurring hallucinogens, there are over 140 identified mushrooms that have a psychotropic effect on the human body most are in the subtropics with a large concentration around Mexico. Europe though has 16 species with psilocybin, semilanceata being the most potent and widespread, out of about 4500 mushrooms.

This ‘shroom is a class A drug, yet is 4 times less harmful than cannabis, showing little or no harm to others, is not addictive as apparently the more regularly you take it the less the effect. I’m no advocate of any drug use, including legal drugs. However, I think our current laws around mushrooms are based In part on our religious history as Catholicism outlawed the use of mind altering mushrooms which were used by native cultures in religious rituals to aide communion with the dead. I would be highly surprised if they were not part of our own history and that Stonehenge wasn’t in fact the largest annual ‘trip’ most of our ancestors took.

If you take a wide angled view of human history our current laws cover a very small exemption from the use of mind altering substances. Look at the rise and fall of tobacco, the potency of alcohol the increase of medicinal hemp.

We are a very weird species.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(11-08-2020, 06:47 AM)Mikey Wrote: We are a very weird species.
 Speak for yourself, Mikey.  Tongue
  • Can the Man, Mikey

Mikey Offline
Weird is all about your point of reference V.

Today when I was measuring a home, I was chatting to the owners about induction hobs. I was explaining that the only real issue with them is sugar. If you cook a lot with sugar making jams etc you can pit the surface if the sugar gets between pan and glass. They laughed and said ‘make jam, you can buy that in a supermarket, who on earth makes jam’. That made me chuckle inside, as some people are oblivious to what happens around them.