Just musing
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Why do we, myself included, always so diligently hide our true identity from any forum.  I can understand it if you happen to visit dodgy sites and want to remain totally anonymous but on a forum like ours where we are all above board and friendly (I hope) why do we guard or privacy so closely.  Im not wanting to upset anyone, just wondering.  By the way I'm Jenny, I answer to Jen, Mum or hey you!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 8 users Like JJB's post:
  • B-M, Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, Neffa, SarrissUK, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
For me it’s because on here I’m quite nice ( most the time  Wink ), sociable and chatty.
 In reality I’m an unsociable recluse with a mouth like a sailor    Big Grin and mostly intolerant of everyone    Blush .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mikey, SarrissUK, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've been Veggie or VC for so long that I sometimes forget my real name. 
Apparently its Carole Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, SarrissUK, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(05-07-2020, 07:03 PM)Small chilli Wrote: For me it’s because on here I’m quite nice ( most the time  Wink ), sociable and chatty.
 In reality I’m an unsociable recluse with a mouth like a sailor    Big Grin and mostly intolerant of everyone    Blush .

Good for you SC.  You sound like Paul.  He's an antisocial b****r at the best of times.  I often wonder why he took up with me, as they say opposites attract.   I'm surprised at you being antisocial seeing all the different jobs/skills you have, but then again you've chosen to live on an island  which does say a lot  Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, SarrissUK, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(05-07-2020, 07:07 PM)Veggie Wrote: I've been Veggie or VC for so long that I sometimes forget my real name. 
Apparently its Carole Wink

I'm mentally singing a Neil Sedaka song.......remember it?
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • SarrissUK, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Can't forget it, Jen, Its haunted me all my life . That and "I bet you were born around Christmas".  Blush

For the record I'm antisocial too! Never been one for meeting friends for coffee/natter. I'd rather be playing in the garden talking to the caterpillars.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Mikey, SarrissUK, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Me too! Although not the caterpillars, I have a tree and the new GH to talk to. Trying to think up a name for it. The mention of a party and I'm running away, but I do like to spend the day with my baby boy and his wife occasionally. Paul not so much, he might have to stop what he's doing and natter inanely. Now if there's a project then he's happy to mingle.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Mikey, SarrissUK, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I thought antisocial was where you do things that annoy others either recklessly or on purpose - like excess noise or discarding litter. SC said she was unsociable not antiscocial like Veggie.
Me, I'm Mark and happy with my own company but missing seeing most of my children since early March.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, SarrissUK, Small chilli, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Well my name is Canice, something most people will never have heard before as it’s a very old Irish name, I was born on the 12th October and the 11th is the feast day of Saint Canice I answer to Canice, Can, Dad, Daddy, and Razz which is my grandchildren’s pet name for me given by my eldest grandson who is nearly 15.
I won’t say I’m unsociable but I am not 100% sociable, I do prefer my own company, I am an introvert even though my job as a Business Development Manage is generally classified as an extrovert, I can adapt to the situation when needs be.

I do find on forums like this I tend to make friends and occasionally meet up if the occasion arises
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(05-07-2020, 09:57 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: I thought antisocial was where you do things that annoy others either recklessly or on purpose - like excess noise or discarding litter. SC said she was unsociable not antiscocial like Veggie.
Me, I'm Mark and happy with my own company but missing seeing most of my children since early March.
You're correct, Mark, I should have said that I'm unsociable.  I wouldn't dream of making loud noises - except when I laugh - but I do garden recklessly!! Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Mikey, SarrissUK