Useful Gadgets
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I was in B&Q today and. Bought me a moisture and ph meter combined for €10.

I thought it worth sharing, does anybody use this type of meter ?

Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • JJB

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Don't want to tell you about the 3 I have as it may disappoint you. Suffice to say they all read differently in the same compost.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, mcdood, Small chilli

Mikey Offline
I've got the PH only version of that, it's very useful. My raised beds can vary by about 4 on the PH scale over a 3-metre range.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Mikey Offline
(23-06-2020, 04:12 PM)Veggie Wrote: Don't want to tell you about the 3 I have as it may disappoint you. Suffice to say they all read differently in the same compost.

So you're saying they are pointless V, what do you use a ph paper and make up a solution?
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Nah! I don't worry about it.
Find Moisture level by sticking my finger in the soil. Although I do have little one for pot plants that plays a tune when they need watering.

The 3 I have are just PH and that's easy - camellias grow well here so the soil is leaning towards acid,

I wouldn't be correcting it anyway.

I did a test once comparing all 3 in the same pots and in vinegar. They still didn't agree with each other.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Mikey

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I bought this very useful little gadget online for splitting timber for kindling, it works great except for knots Sad but then nothing works with knots except for a saw. 

Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(01-02-2021, 02:03 AM)Can the Man Wrote: I bought this very useful little gadget online for splitting timber for kindling, it works great except for knots Sad but then nothing works with knots except for a saw. 
Interesting Can, but I think I'll pass.  I've never chopped wood in my life, not likely to now Smile.  My most interesting/useful gadget indoors these days is the plastic claw thingy that releases the vacuum in jars so I can open them with arthritic hands.  Sad, isn't it Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man