Dahlias - Photo Gallery
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
II know we already have a dahlia thread but I thought that one can be for info, propagating, problems etc. This thread is for showcasing your blooms. It will remind us which ones are the first to bloom and those that you fancy growing next year. C'mon let's see your photos Smile 

Ok - first up is totally tangerine. Always first to flower for me. Anemone type.

[attachment=489]

I love the small ball dahlias for picking and Downham Royal is a fab colour. Just two flowers on this plant but I have been disbudding some to give some long stems. I se to have just 2 blooms in each plant of this variety. The cuttings and mother plant bloomed at the same time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, Jay, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Beautiful - I've only been growing them for a few years. Time to get some more, I think as three is not enough!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 5 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Don't mind me. I'm just here to gawk.

I only buy the cheap packs of tubers without lovely, evocative names.
[-] The following 3 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I am a sucker for a name Big Grin but when you buy the single bulbs they are often very large so make some hefty tubers in year 1 so by year 2 you can often have 4 plants out of them.

These are a couple of Honka varieties. Honka pink and Verrones Obsidian. Quite unusual but prolific flowering on both varieties last year and already looks like they will do the same this year.

These are a few singles, just starting to bloom.

This one is Mexican star. I have a couple of these plants. This one is the first to open.

I have quite a few unnamed singles that I started from seed last year. Though love the open flowers and the bees love them too.

I think this one is bishop of Llandaff.
Dark foliage and a bright scarlet flower with little yellow anthers.

[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • doublyjonah, Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
It'll be a few weeks before I get any flowers - they were almost last in about a fortnight ago.

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I started lots of mine in pots, not all of mine are planted out as the earth has been too dry to dig. The weather we have had has been amazing up until now. Everything has been really early. My roses were at their best at the end of May this year - looking back st photos they were at their best on 25th June last year and I had tomatoes before June this year. That is a first.

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Absolutely gorgeous, Scarlet. I love the Bishop Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 1 user Likes PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Next to flower is Thomas Eddison. This is a decorative dahlia in a deep purple colour. I've been disbudding to make some long stems for picking.

[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • doublyjonah, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

doublyjonah Offline
Here are some of my no-namers Smile First two in flower.

[-] The following 5 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(26-06-2020, 12:45 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Here are some of my no-namers Smile First two in flower.
 Gorgeous!! The top dahlia looks like "candy eyes"
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah