Apple blossom wilt
JJB Offline
Moonraker
My apple trees have got bunches of brown dead leaves hanging amongst the green ones.  Having googled it, it appears they're suffering from apple blossom wilt and brown rot.  There's no fruit either.

I believe there's nothing I can do other than prune out the dead bits and hope for the best next year,  as it's a fungus and no fungicide for home use..   No easy to prune all the bits off on a mature tree.  I don't expect any brilliant solutions, just a bit of commiseration.  We are where we are.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've just assumed that bunches of brown leaves mean the stem has snapped so I cut them off (if I can reach). Never thought about it being a problem.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(14-06-2020, 09:40 AM)Veggie Wrote: I've just assumed that bunches of brown leaves mean the stem has snapped so I cut them off (if I can reach). Never thought about it being a problem.

So did I and because I would need a ladder  to prune all the dead bits, I was lazy and didn't bother.   The fungus is also associated with brown rot on the fruit.  I didn't pick all of those off either.  Now I'm paying the price.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man