I-Spy....Sounds
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Another I-SPY exploring our Senses. This time, its an Alphabet of Sounds, Noises (not Noses!!) that you hear, remind you of something, somewhere etc etc. waffle, waffle........
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
When we starting?
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Now!! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
A is for airplane. When I hear one I always look at it on the flight app I have. To see what it is and where it’s going. If I hear the airforce coming on one of their training flights. I always try to get a photo of them. It’s a fun challenge to get my phone out of my pocket, unlocked and camera turned on before they’re a dot in the distance.

This is flying over right now

[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
A is for Air Ambulance. The bright red helicopters often fly over on their way to A&E. The dogs usually hear them before I do. Like SC, I always look for them and mutter a little prayer that who ever is onboard will be OK.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
A

That explosive expletive sound ' ARRRGH!' More often than not it's a manifestation of P's frustration at his computer/tablet/phone.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(14-10-2024, 02:08 PM)Small chilli Wrote: A is for airplane. When I hear one I always look at it on the flight app I have. To see what it is and where it’s going. If I hear the airforce coming on one of their training flights. I always try to get a photo of them. It’s a fun challenge to get my phone out of my pocket, unlocked and camera turned on before they’re a dot in the distance.

This is flying over right now
You'd love it round here, we get chinooks, apaches, puddle jumpers, jets, passenger aircraft even aircraft specially for jumping out of (skydiving). When the lad was a baby I'd put him in his pram outside for a nap whilst I attempted a bit of gardening and then the American F-111 fighter jets would take of from the nearby military airfield and wake the poor little blighter from his nap with a start. I once even saw a Vulcan.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
B is for blackbird. I love there song. It reminds me of when I was very little. Going to bed when Coronation Street had finished and it still bright daylight outside even with the curtains shut. And there was always a blackbird singing in the tree just outside my window. Sleep didn’t come easy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
B is for Bells.
My husband realised that when someone rung the door bell he wouldn't hear it if he was in the garden or shed. He acquired a brass hand bell, the sort they ring in school to call the children in to classes. This was mounted on the back of the garage and attached to a wire that ran to the front of the garage. From this wire he hung a leather dog lead which, if pulled, rang the bell!! Problem solved.
However, only those in the know would know about this so he put a sign on the front door " If no answer, go to the garage and pull Eeyore's tail". Big Grin
There was another sign on the garage, written in Winnie the Pooh style writing that said " Pull my tail, Luv Eeyore".

The signs and the Tail are long gone but the bell is still attached to the garage. Sometimes, on a stormy night, it rings, ever so faintly, and I imagine its my husband trying to tell me something..........or is it Eeyore? Big Grin (Halloween tale?)
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm finding this really difficult. Sounds don't seem to be as emotive as smells for me. There are some sounds I dislike, like motorbikes going round and round private (nearby) gardens, but none I can think of that conjure up memories.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie