Flowers to sow in June
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Shamelessly stolen from Plants of Distinction..............

JUST SCATTER & SOW
FOR GLORIOUS LATE SUMMER COLOUR 
Even though we’re now into June, there are still some ‘swift to bloom’ annuals that can be direct sown into containers, beds and borders and which will give some lovely colour right through to early Autumn.
We have some beautiful flowers such as Calendula, Cosmos, Eschscholzia, Helianthus, Marigolds, Nasturtium & Nigella which, for the novices amongst us, are so easy to grow. Simply scatter the seeds where you want them to flower and remember to keep the soil moist. Once the seedlings have emerged you may want to ‘thin out’ a bit but there’s nothing difficult about it at all.

Time to find your odd packets of seed and go forth and scatter. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, Jay, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I read that ^^^ on FB....I think it's too late for most of those? I 'll give cosmos a go tomorrow and report back in Aug.
Helianthus I started a few weeks ago - they are tiny and I'm not hopeful that they will flower before the frosts.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I had an email from them.
Its an excuse for me to find some old flower seeds and scatter them as instructed. Calendula and Nigella seem to grow whenever you sow them!
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yes, I agree with those two and maybe nasturtiums...but I've never got on with plants of distinction ? I had crap service a very long time ago and I have never bought off them since.

I will try cosmos though as you never know!
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Funny you should say that about PoD. I bought some of their mangetout a year or so ago and very few germinated. Tried several times but very poor germination.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Similar here and they also subbed my order with crap that I didn't want that I couldn't sow until the following year.... I complained many times and they ignored me and then they gave me some cock and bull stories that lasted over several months.
Really poor service.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie