Emergency ward 10
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I have to confess I’ve just created the first (to my knowledge) plant hospital  Cool  
For those plants you knowingly buy that really aren’t suited to your garden environment and they struggle  Rolleyes . But you buy them anyway  Rolleyes
Unfortunately the doctor at this plant hospital doesn’t actually know she is now a plant doctor.  Blush .

PS. Veggie there’s a parcel on its way to you    Blush . 

It’s a few polianthes white pearl bulbs. If you want to feed them straight to mr hungry hot composter instead of faffing about with them please do.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Dear Doctor Chilli,

Your patient, Miss Pearl Polianthes, seems to be quite demanding, needing to be cossetted over winter, a little like her friends the Dahlias. I'm sure that with a little tender loving care Miss P could be encouraged to come into her own if she found herself in a suitable environment.

I am honoured that you have referred Miss P to me but have to admit that the staff at this Hospital are a bit short (in all senses) of empathy for the needy. Indeed, even I have been known to adopt the "bung it in, and get on with it" approach. Sometimes, patients adjust to their surroundings and overcome any difficulties experienced on first admission.
I assure you that we will treat Miss P with care and dignity but she will have to show some willingness to adjust to our treatment methods.

Yours faithfully
Dr Veggie M*D
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I get a great sense of achievement from rescuing some poor downtrodden plant and bringing it back to life Cool .Mainly because they are cheap to buy! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Dear Dr Veggie M.D

Thank you kindly for you diagnosis. I’m sure Miss P will quickly recover under your treatment schedule. She has certainly made great efforts here for the last 3 years. Every early summer she has started to produce leaves and then things go down hill and she shrivels back into her self until the following year. She is definitely not used to getting any sort of mollycoddling. Here at the islands infirmary we do not believe in mollycoddling.
Kind regards
Dr chilli.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Dear Dr Chilli,

Thank you for providing Miss P's Medical History. An interesting and challenging case, indeed.
I need to do some research into the likely cause of these symptoms before diagnosis but Miss P can be assured that I and my staff will provide the best care available to ensure that the patient can fulfil her needs, given the limit imposed on our financial status by the Health Board, of course. I am sure that the Island Infirmary has similar constraints on the services that can be provided.

Kind regards,

Dr. Veggie M*D
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Dear Dr Veggie M.D
Thank you for finding space in one of your wards for Miss P and her unique case.
Miss P is all ready for transport. Just waiting on an ambulance to become available. I’m sure you understand the situation in these trying times.
I’ll inform you when the patient is in transit.
Thanks again for your help in this matter. Must dash, in the middle of a transplant at the moment.
Kind regards
Dr Chilli
  • JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Dear Dr Veggie MD
You will be pleased to know ( or not  Wink ) . An ambulance has finally become available and Miss P is on her way. 

Kind regards Dr chilli
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Dear Dr Chilli
Thank you for the update. I will prepare a bed in the GH Ward for Miss P. I can assure you that she will not be kept waiting in the ambulance for long as seems to happen at some hospitals.

A member of my medical team has expressed an interest in working with you at the Island hospital. She will be taking the next available transport and will bring you some supplies that may be of assistance to you in your good work. I trust you will make her welcome.

Sincerely,

Dr Veggie M*D
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Dear Dr Veggie MD
Well now that is marvellous news. I’m sure miss P will recover under your excellent care.
Are you sure you can spare a member of your medical team? I know how hard it is to find good help. But I’ll make her very welcome and find the best accommodation I can . Hopefully she’ll be comfortable in a caravan. Some supplies would be very much appreciated. Thank you very kindly.
Regards
Dr chilli .
  • JJB, Veggie

Bob Offline
As head porter and ambulance driver I feel very undervalued in this health service, I'm off to phone my union rep
[-] The following 3 users Like Bob's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie