Help me choose please
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Ok so I want to grow 1 cherry, 1 standard, 1 beef. I think I’m going with rambling red stripe for cherry, Black Russian for beef. Happy to be guided into other directions. I need help choosing a standard/ medium size tom please. Colour / shape not important. Size and good producer is important as only growing one of each. 
This is my list of tomato seeds I have . What do you think?

Tomato cuor di bue (beef steak ).
1 Tomato German red strawberry  (beef steak )
 1 Tomato Black Russian 
1 Tomato rosella .
1 Tomato matts hornet 
1 Tomato mat-su express
1 Tomato EM champion 
Tomato  northern lights
Tomato oleron yellow.
1 tomato orange banana 
1 tomato orange jazz
1 tomato Oregon spring
1 tomato black icicle 
1 tomato indigo pear drops
1 tomato sweet casaday (small plum)
1 tomato rambling red stripe
1 tomato genuwine
1 tomato auntie madge’s
1 tomato sgt pepper’s
1 tomato Spanish big globe
1 tomato steak sandwich 
1 tomato mountain princess 
1 tomato reinhard’s purple sugar 
1 tomato girl girl weird thing
1 tomato old German 
1 tomato ananas noir (beef steak)
1 tomato juaune flamme (golf ball apricot)
1 tomato piglet Willie (dark red cherry)
1 tomato alfresco (midi-plum red)
1 tomato red zebra (golf ball size)
1 tomato derby striped (medium size)
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Most of those I haven't grown so can't help. However, it might thin it down if you knew whether you want to grow a Bush tomato or a Vine/cordon tomato.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

toomanytommytoes Offline
Are they going to be in a polytunnel or outside?
[-] The following 1 user Likes toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(10-03-2024, 11:57 AM)Veggie Wrote: Most of those I haven't grown so can't help. However, it might thin it down if you knew whether you want to grow a Bush tomato or a Vine/cordon tomato.
I like cordon. But as I don’t know what most of the varieties in my list are unless it’s actually stated in the name or on the packet. I can’t narrow the list down. I see a lot of googling for me to do one evening . 

(10-03-2024, 01:23 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: Are they going to be in a polytunnel or outside?
Definitely in tunnel

toomanytommytoes Offline
I think the only determinate tomatoes in that list are Oregon Spring, EM Champion, Rambling Red Stripe, Mountain Princess and Alfresco. 

I haven't grown a lot of those varieties, but my preference would be Reinhard's Purple Sugar for a cherry (super productive, even outdoors), and Girl Girl's Weird Thing or Mat-Su Express for a beefsteak. Mat-Su is probably more reliable, quite early and very productive (I got 6kg from one plant, two years in a row). EM Champion is a very productive heart, fruit can be between medium and large. 

For a medium, Mountain Princess looks interesting. Red Zebra is very pretty.
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Farendwoman, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thank you ☺️ that’s very helpful.
Would you know if there are any other on my list that would suit a hanging basket? Before I start googling all of them .

toomanytommytoes Offline
In a hanging basket you only really want a certain type of determinate which is on the smaller side and happy to cascade down. A lot of other determinates can get quite big and bushy. Rambling Red Stripe looks to be the only determinate on your list which has that sort of cascading habit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Oregon Spring and Mountain Princess have been my favourite Bush tomatoes for years. The Fruits are big for a small plant but...........big BUT, I haven't had much luck germinating the seeds for a couple of years. If the seeds you have came from me, they'll be quite old and may not germinate.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(10-03-2024, 03:01 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: In a hanging basket you only really want a certain type of determinate which is on the smaller side and happy to cascade down. A lot of other determinates can get quite big and bushy. Rambling Red Stripe looks to be the only determinate on your list which has that sort of cascading habit.
Thank you. I still want my ramblings red stripe in the basket. But I’ve only got 1 seed . So wanted a plan B if it didn’t germinate.

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(10-03-2024, 03:23 PM)Veggie Wrote: Oregon Spring and Mountain Princess have been my favourite Bush tomatoes for years. The Fruits are big for a small plant but...........big BUT, I haven't had much luck germinating the seeds for a couple of years. If the seeds you have came from me, they'll be quite old and may not germinate.
Both from you  Cool mountain princess 2022, Oregon spring 2021. 
I’m always hopeful with tomato seeds
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie