Where do you put it
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
When weeding really thick stuff and you got loads of soil & compost matted in with the roots. What do you do with it? 
I don’t want to put it on beds because the weeds will just grow. Can’t put it in compost because soil won’t compost down. Again weeds will probably grow unless in a hot composter. 

Clumps like this, if anyone isn’t sure what I’m on about  Blush .

I’ll get lots of stuff like this when taking all turf off. And big mats of weedy compost when emptying fish boxes.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
That's the stuff I put in my "heaps" to dry off, usually on a "path". I rake it over, move it along the path, turn it upside down, roll it around. I keep it moving so that the roots can't take hold and the soil dries and drops off the clump. When the top growth is dry, I pile it into a big heap and ignore it!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Unfortunately very few occasions up here when that plan would work. Rains to often. Never dry out.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

toomanytommytoes Offline
I used sod to line the bottom of big pots last year. It holds onto water really well. A bit of grass did start growing out of the holes but eventually disappeared.

Soil isn't a bad addition to a compost pile if it's just relatively small amounts. I put the rest of the sod into some dalek bins mixed with coffee and grass clippings. Hopefully the worms are taking care of it.
[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I think I'd just put that sort of stuff in its own pile in an out of the way place to disintegrate over time , much like making a turf wall, putting turf upside down in a pile.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny