Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Today : setaria, white statice.
2 days ago cosmos - blush cupcakes, rose bonbon, double click cranberry, double click bicolour pink and apricot.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Broadway Offline
2nd lot of parsnips
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Veggie

Garrett Offline
Lemon basil again after the first batch failed. Not sure why, but I always have trouble with this particular basil, the other do well for me. 
Some extra tomatoes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Garrett's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I was ridiculously excited when I spotted that lots of pea seeds had germinated. Thinking that they were the old seeds I sowed a few days ago, I sowed lots more to celebrate. I was wrong!! I had my P's muddled up and unlabelled. The 100% germinated ones were Bijou mangetout!! Never mind, maybe the old seeds will germinate, some day!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
One of the seed pkts I acquired on the Tues outing was a Suttons pkt of Crimson Blush F1, retailing at £4.49 but priced at 69p and it was in date til 2025. Yes, I've got more toms than I know what to with but who could resist. I sowed some today. I rationalised by using the cell where Divinity didn't germinate for the second year running. That pkt will be binned.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ve sow a whole tray of self saved sunflower seeds. Probably around the 500 mark if I had to guess. Was hoping to sow the whole bag. They just wouldn’t fit. I’m not expecting good germination.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, toomanytommytoes, Veggie, Vinny

toomanytommytoes Offline
(04-04-2024, 11:02 AM)JJB Wrote: One of the seed pkts I acquired on the Tues outing was a Suttons pkt of Crimson Blush F1, retailing at £4.49 but priced at 69p and it was in date til 2025. Yes, I've got more toms than I know what to with but who could resist. I sowed some today. I rationalised by using the cell where Divinity didn't germinate for the second year running. That pkt will be binned.
Crimson Blush is the same as Rose Crush I think. Very nice tasting. Premier Seed Direct sell it at £1.39 for 10 seeds.

I don't know why the breeders gave three of the Crimson lines different names. Crimson Cherry, Crimson Cocktail, Crimson Crush, Crimson Blush, Crimson Plum would make sense to me. Instead, they have a mix of those names with the addition of Consuelo, Cocktail Crush, Rose Crush and Nagina.
[-] The following 1 user Likes toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(04-04-2024, 06:15 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 11:02 AM)JJB Wrote: One of the seed pkts I acquired on the Tues outing was a Suttons pkt of Crimson Blush F1, retailing at £4.49 but priced at 69p and it was in date til 2025. Yes, I've got more toms than I know what to with but who could resist. I sowed some today. I rationalised by using the cell where Divinity didn't germinate for the second year running. That pkt will be binned.
Crimson Blush is the same as Rose Crush I think. Very nice tasting. Premier Seed Direct sell it at £1.39 for 10 seeds.

I don't know why the breeders gave three of the Crimson lines different names. Crimson Cherry, Crimson Cocktail, Crimson Crush, Crimson Blush, Crimson Plum would make sense to me. Instead, they have a mix of those names with the addition of Consuelo, Cocktail Crush, Rose Crush and Nagina.

They really like to confuse us gardeners. Good to have an informed opinion on taste. Every seed pkt says their particular tomato is wonderful and tastes brilliant.  I'm glad I've sown it, especially as it was a bargain, it even beat Prem Seeds.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Garrett Offline
Various sowing over the weekend:
Cerinthe 
French Marigold Red Gem
Nasturtium Tom Thumb
Cosmos Purity
Tithonia (Mexican sunflower)
Nicotiana Sylvestris (flowering tobacco)
Lavatera mixed + Mont Blanc
Lettuce - various, I'm using up any I find in my stash as baby leaf salad.
[-] The following 2 users Like Garrett's post:
  • JJB, Veggie