Eat your Christmas Tree!
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Mine comes down 1st or 2nd January. Just because I’ve really had enough by then. They don’t go up early either. Some were between 15th & 23rd depending on how festive I’m feeling. Generally around the 20th.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
These days. as I'm sure you know, I don't "do" Christmas. I've given away all the decorations and cards and take an unworthy delight in hearing about how stressed out some people are over Christmas. Those days are over, thankfully.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(29-12-2023, 07:36 PM)Veggie Wrote: These days. as I'm sure you know, I don't "do" Christmas. I've given away all the decorations and cards and take an unworthy delight in hearing about how stressed out some people are over Christmas. Those days are over, thankfully.
I seem to be the odd one out in the street? It appears that only families with small children do the Christmas lights thing? My grandkids never come to visit so I might join Veggie's Bah Humbug fraternity next year and give the tree and lights a miss. It would be a shame though as some of the stuff could be classed as family heirlooms as I have had them that long. Rolleyes

God willing,I've got a whole year to think about it! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
The tree and the arguments over putting up the lights above the garage and in the windows are as traditional as the food, almost more so. Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Veggie, Vinny

Bren Offline
We decorate the mantlepiece and mirror above it looks festive enough for me these days.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I must admit that by 6th January I'm fed up with them all except the lights, but the room looks dreadfully bare when they all come down.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(30-12-2023, 09:59 AM)Bren Wrote: We decorate the mantlepiece and mirror above it looks festive enough for me these days.
Might be a plan for next year? as the mantlepiece is deco'd this year, and the tree,and the windows and I agree it would be probably enough for me! Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I've started putting away some stuff gradually each day, then it's not so much of a shock on 12th night. Once in days gone past when the lad was little I festooned the ceilings with garlands. It didn't go down too well with P as they bashed his head every time he entered the living room Big Grin the sticky tape and blutack residues weren't appreciated either.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Bren, Veggie, Vinny

Bren Offline
I remember those days JJB,  our kids would spend hours making garlands,  egg box decorations and painting pinecones. 
You couldn't say we weren't festive then.  Rolleyes
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(31-12-2023, 11:12 AM)Bren Wrote: I remember those days JJB,  our kids would spend hours making garlands,  egg box decorations and painting pinecones. 
You couldn't say we weren't festive then.  Rolleyes
I've still got some of the lad's glitter and salt dough tree decorations in the box. One goes on the tree (hidden round the back). I even have a couple of things from my own childhood, they must be antiques  Big Grin . Decorations were a lot simpler in those days. Anyone remember the honeycomb tissue bells and snowmen?
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Bren, Veggie, Vinny