Radio Times
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've just seen that the Christmas edition of the Radio Times is on sale now.
This may be a sign of age (yes OK, it is) but there was a time when we really looked forward to getting a copy from the newsagent. We'd mark it up with any programmes that we really wanted to watch, or set the video for, and get upset if we missed anything! 
For today's young uns, with the internet and Iplayer and all sorts of ways to find out what's on the box, it must be hard to comprehend the simple pleasures that we had, poring over the Radio Times!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Oh so true. There were so many programmes we wanted to watch that sometimes we had to make difficult choices about when to make the official family visits so as not to interfere with TV. The TV book was a source of great excitement.  The last few Christmases have proven really disappointing though with not a lot of 'must watch' programmes. There again is it a sign of age?  I wonder what must watch programmes there will be this Christmas. Reruns of Mary Poppins, The Heroes of Telemark, Dam Busters, The Great Escape?  Dr Who is one on my list, I don't know about any others as I haven't seen the book yet.

Incidentally,  each week I go through the tv book, circle anything worth watching/recording for me, question mark by anything for P, and asterisk the very few programmes we both would like. P still manages to miss things because he forgets/refuses to look at the book  Rolleyes
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I very rarely watch 'live' tv apart from the news now and again. I used to deliver the Radio Times on my paper round as a nipper so it must have been on the go for a long time? I wonder whether it was just for radio broadcasts initially?
Can't imagine it would appeal to many these days  and profits must have slumped as there are no 'Paper lads' these days,not in my area anyway.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I remember the excitement of the Christmas edition of the radio times. It was great. I used to do the same go over it with a pen to mark the shows I wanted to watch.
Simple pleasures  Blush
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny