In, Out, In, Out Nutty Plan
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Big Grin 
The one you've all been waiting for - my next Nutty Plan.  Rolleyes

Every time I go out into the garden I take with me some seeds, find a little spot of bare soil and scatter the seeds...................BUT I can't return to the house empty-handed. I have to pick something, edible or not, as part of the Nutty Plan. 
As you may know, I have lots of seeds, some of which will never make it to my "Must sow" list so this is my way of giving them a chance of life. I'm thinking of a shoebox sized patch of ground, nothing too big or requiring much clearance. Also, I wont worry about it being the right time of year to sow them, it'll be their choice whether they grow or not!

Veggie sits back and awaits the comments. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
That all sounds reasonable for a Veggie plan.  Cool 

Just one question. How are you going to know what is coming up if the seeds do decide they want to grow?  What’s going to stop you pulling them up thinking they’re weeds / unknown plants . Especially when you need space for your next nutty ( but obviously brilliant  Blush ) plan .

Are you keeping the seed packets (these are out there somewhere) as a reminder. Or are you doodling a little plan on the back of an envelope? Anything?
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Your one question is easily answered - I only weed the plants I recognise as weeds - never the plants I don't, just in case its a valuable self-seeder.
Seed packets kept? Not once they're empty. I'll make a note in my diary of what was sown and a rough location.
I'm going to match it to the Advent calendar theme - 1st of the month is A so today, I need an F seed. Simple!
  • JJB, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Good luck wih this one Veggie! Rolleyes

Come to think of it,I don't think I have ever seen the results of any of your wacky ideas? Huh Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
My wacky ideas usually have a limited lifespan - until I think of another one! Roots, Shoots, Fruits and Leaves emerges regularly but this time of year there's not much call for that!
The 30 Bed plan is no more as I've merged some of the beds, not sure how many there are now - so they became the 4 week strip system.
Can't remember what other ones there have been!
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
IN today went some Fennel seeds (sow by 2018!) and I picked some Lovage. Not sure what I'll do with that yet but it looks good in a vase as foliage. Big Grin
  • Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
The plans get more complicated. What happened to the book for each month?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Ah, the Diary books! I started about 6 of them, and some were used for a second year. One day, I'll revisit them.Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I had my G seeds already to sow - Geranium pyrenaicum albiflorum (dated 2014) but it hasn't stopped raining all day. I'll have to sow them with H tomorrow and pick 2 things to catch up.
  • JJB, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
This Nutty Plan is not going to plan! Really heavy rain today - road awash heavy. I've added some H is for Hellebore seeds to the "must sow tomorrow" pile.
  • JJB, Vinny