Sow, grow, throw November
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Wink 
A Challenge for the month of November (since I can't grow a decent Mo Wink). 

Sow-vember
Grow-vember
Throw-vember

or any other "o" word you can suggest.
Every day, I intend to Sow a seed or Grow a plant from a cutting or Throw away a useless item - could be a dead plant or something in the home.

Care to join me??  Cool
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Madness again, but I'll try. I'm OK today as I've given some paperback to the charity shop. Heaven knows what tomorrow's will be.

Today might have been my new glasses (I've finally succumbed to bifocals rather that various pairs of ready readers) they either slip down my nose or hurt my ears after each adjustment. Every adjustment means a round trip to town on the bus these days. I'm very thankful there is a bus.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Throw-vember
Just finished sorting lots of stuff from my dear late Aunt’s house.
Such a lot of beautiful china, framed prints, ornaments.
All in first class condition. Like many of us she saved a lot of it for “best”.
I’m hoping that Age Concern will sell it on to someone who will love it (as she did) and raise some decent funds.
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Sorry about your Aunt, FEW. There's a lesson there to most of us about keeping things for best and not using and enjoying them while you can.

Sow-vember - Wiltshire Ripple sweet peas.
Grow-vember - split an aloe vera and will pot the offshoots up in a couple of days.
Throw-vember - Attacked a little used Diary from 2016. Ripped out any pages that had been written on and added them to my collection Wink. Pulled out all the blank pages to be used for scribbling on, I get through lots of scrap paper when I go out to collect Freebies - writing down address, directions, times, names etc. I don't use Sat-nav, preferring to rely on my scribbles.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB

Farendwoman Offline
Thanks for commiserations Veggie.
I am just like you - tearing pages out of old diaries to use as scrap. Even using old cheque books. Waste not want not.
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(01-11-2023, 09:03 PM)Veggie Wrote: Sorry about your Aunt, FEW. There's a lesson there to most of us about keeping things for best and not using and enjoying them while you can.

Grow-vember - split an aloe vera and will pot the offshoots up in a couple of days.
Throw-vember -  Attacked a little used Diary from 2016. Ripped out any pages that had been written on and added them to my collection Wink. Pulled out all the blank pages to be used for scribbling on, I get through lots of scrap paper when I go out to collect Freebies - writing down address, directions, times, names etc. I don't use Sat-nav, preferring to rely on my scribbles.
Why don't you use sat nav? Huh I have a little in-built app on my phone which gets me wherever I need to be. A lifesaver as far as I am concerned and saves me asking directions,cruising at low speed trying to find an address and does away with scribbled notes! Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
I LIKE scribbled notes with directions, street names and landmarks.
My daughter 30 ish has always used her phone with satnav and has not a clue about
how to get to places without it.
Another lost ability thanks to technology.
Yes..... I am a Luddite!
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(02-11-2023, 09:19 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 09:03 PM)Veggie Wrote: Sorry about your Aunt, FEW. There's a lesson there to most of us about keeping things for best and not using and enjoying them while you can.

Throw-vember -  Attacked a little used Diary from 2016. Ripped out any pages that had been written on and added them to my collection Wink. Pulled out all the blank pages to be used for scribbling on, I get through lots of scrap paper when I go out to collect Freebies - writing down address, directions, times, names etc. I don't use Sat-nav, preferring to rely on my scribbles.
Why don't you use sat nav? Huh I have a little in-built app on my phone which gets me wherever I need to be. A lifesaver as far as I am concerned and saves me asking directions,cruising at low speed trying to find an address and does away with scribbled notes! Smile
My car has sat nav. I've used it once on a route I knew. It told me to turn right at traffic lights where I knew that a right turn was illegal. Lost confidence in it. I usually put the map function on the screen, just to check when I'm near my destination. Goggle maps is great for "driving" the route before you go. This morning, I'm off to an area of the city that I haven't been to before and, thanks to Goggle maps, I know where to turn off, what the house looks like, where I can park and that there's a park next door.........but I still have my scribbles.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Moth

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(02-11-2023, 09:19 AM)Vinny Wrote: ... A lifesaver as far as I am concerned and saves me asking directions...

Shall I be the one to say it?  OK. Stereotype male behaviour, Vinny  Tongue

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Blow-vember today so I haven't done anything much outdoors.
Throw-vember - sorted out some clothes to give away on the Freebie site. Also dug up and gave away some Lovage plants.