Jury Service
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Eeek! I've been called up for jury service.  Paul is dead jealous, he really enjoyed doing it years ago, he's too old for it now.  I'm rubbish at making decions and feared it was criminal court where I'd have to decide on someone's innocence or guilt, but its for Coroner's Court which will be less stressful I hope.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Rather you than me. That doesn’t sound like fun. Especially coroner’s court. Someone’s already died.

I was on the other side of the bench ! ( witness, not the accused)
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've been called twice! The first case lasted 9 days and was a fraud case which was good for me as I was working in an audit department at the time so the book entries didn't faze me as they did some of the other jurors. No blood involved.
The second time I sat around for a day. twiddling my thumbs, waiting to be called and the following day I had a call to say that there was a family bereavement so I was excused.
Good luck, Jen. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

doublyjonah Offline
In the US, you can get called regularly. I was excused at least six or even eight times because I was a student. Then I moved here. Never served on a jury.

My dad was selected for an attempted murder jury...
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
My call up was for 3rd week in September so it's a way off yet.
Greetings from Salisbury

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm sure you've already goggled it but I had to know more about Coroner's Court Juries. https://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/626/c...for_jurors
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(05-08-2023, 11:11 AM)Veggie Wrote: I'm sure you've already goggled it but I had to know more about Coroner's Court Juries. https://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/626/c...for_jurors

I hadn't,  but now have, thanks Veggie. I did read the leaflet that came with the forms.  Come September I'll have forgotten so will need to brush up again. It doesn't seem as straightforward as I'd hoped, there again could be really interesting.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
My son was called up for jury a week after his 18th birthday, it was a pain as he was studying and even if you defer it can only be for a few months, so he just went along with it. He was on a rape case. He found it very interesting, wouldnt say a word about it Big Grin took it very seriously and actually really enjoyed meeting the others on the jury. A mum took him under her wing. He did say things aren't always as clear cut as you would expect, was an eye opener to what other people can behave like etc. He grew up a bit. He would love to do it again.
Ive never been called.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Veggie