Perennial Antirrhinum
Farendwoman Offline
Nice little perennial snapdragon that has overwintered despite the bleeding awful cold snap that we had. 
It’s a deep pink, very small upward facing flowers and darkish foliage.
Similar in form to “Pretty in Pink” that costs a lot more than I would be willing to pay for one snapdragon.
Hoping to be able to take a few cuttings from this one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
That's very pretty. How tall ate they? Mine never over winter. Maybe I will try to take cuttings in the summer. Last year I think was so hot they looked awful by September and some had rust. So I took them all up and replaced with my Canterbury bells.

Farendwoman Offline
About 15 inches at mo … but last year were about 27 inches.
So … not tall enough for big bunches, but ok for small ones.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Scarlet

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I had a bright pink antirrhinum over winter. It hasn’t made it a second winter. Very pretty. I believe some  the seeds I’ve sown this year are it’s offspring. One plant I’ll never use as cut flowers. I grow those for my own enjoyment in the garden. And the bees   Heart
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Farendwoman

Farendwoman Offline
(23-04-2023, 10:16 PM)Scarlet Wrote: That's very pretty. How tall ate they? Mine never over winter. Maybe I will try to take cuttings in the summer. Last year I think was so hot they looked awful by September and some had rust. So I took them all up and replaced with my Canterbury bells.
I tried taking cuttings as soon as you mentioned it. All have shrivelled.shame because I really like it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

• Scarlet

Knotty Offline
I love snapdragons and got lots of seedlings coming along nicely.
Greetings from Dorset
I am always happy in the garden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knotty's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(08-05-2023, 11:30 AM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(23-04-2023, 10:16 PM)Scarlet Wrote: That's very pretty. How tall ate they? Mine never over winter. Maybe I will try to take cuttings in the summer. Last year I think was so hot they looked awful by September and some had rust. So I took them all up and replaced with my Canterbury bells.
I tried taking cuttings as soon as you mentioned it. All have shrivelled.shame because I really like it.
Thats very pretty, I'm surprised they shrivelled? Maybe too sunny? I just take a normal cutting, gritty compost, occasionally use rooting hormone and they usually take?

Farendwoman Offline
I’ll have another go then!
  • Scarlet