Am I to late?
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Am I too late to start some tomato seeds? I know lots of the nutters start them on 2nd of January or something like that  Big Grin . I usually start mine beginning of March. For obvious building/ moving reasons I’ve not. But I really really want 1 tomato plant. 
I had some shop brought ones last week. OMG! They were tasteless, watery, expensive horrible things. 

Advice please. If you have recommendations for a variety that is good at playing catch up. Even better. 

My first thought was rosella. Because she produces well , and tastes lovely.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Not too late at all. I've sown 3 lots of seeds this year and the first 2 sowings were a write-off (I blame the coir - should have added compost to it). The third lot need potting up and I'm going to sow some more this week. Don't sow beefsteaks as they take ages to crop.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I've sown some gartenperle today, so I sincerely hope you're not too late.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Garrett Offline
No, it's not too late, particularly for cherry tomatoes. I usually sow mine around St Patrick's day or when the clocks change, but last year I sowed some Tigerella and Black Cherry at this time and they did very well. I still have a bag of Black Cherry toms in the freezer to use up.
[-] The following 2 users Like Garrett's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli