A Worm Farm & Compost Corner
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
How strange, SC! Ask them for one and you'll promote it on your favourite gardening forum. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Just looked on FB for Hotbin composting and it threw up a comment of mine from 2013 when I'd hoped to win one.

"Don't live in sin, It all goes in, Its win, win, win, with a HOTBIN!!"
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
.............FB has just shown me Gardener's World Best Compost Bins 2023.
Big Brother is watching our every move.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(15-03-2023, 04:57 PM)JJB Wrote: No advice from  me, although I did look at hot bin prices this morning  and frightened myself. Never had a wormery. I'm sticking with the 3 Bay + kitchen veg waste system that seems to work for me. Everything but weeds go into it, without too much care and consideration.
You can get a discounted green joanna for £60 as a Wiltshire resident / https://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/reducing-yo...composting

I bought my composters and original wormery as iffers from wilts recycling schemes
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
(15-03-2023, 11:12 PM)Veggie Wrote: .............FB has just shown me Gardener's World Best Compost Bins 2023.
Big Brother is watching our every move.

yeah that popped up on my feed as well earlier on today. I very nearly tagged you  Big Grin
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Bren Offline
I did have a homemade wormery but they kept escaping so l gave up and dumped them in a compost bin they soon multiply in there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(15-03-2023, 11:13 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(15-03-2023, 04:57 PM)JJB Wrote: No advice from  me, although I did look at hot bin prices this morning  and frightened myself. Never had a wormery. I'm sticking with the 3 Bay + kitchen veg waste system that seems to work for me. Everything but weeds go into it, without too much care and consideration.
You can get a discounted green joanna for £60 as a Wiltshire resident / https://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/reducing-yo...composting

I bought my composters and original wormery as iffers from wilts recycling schemes

Yes I've seen that offer Scarlet, but I've yet to understand how a green joanna is classed as a hotbin,  as any pictures or drawings I've seen of them show very little insulation. In reality I can't really justify any more compost bins, hot or otherwise.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(15-03-2023, 06:36 PM)Vinny Wrote: I've never had a wormery and somerimes wonder at the mystique associated with them? Rolleyes

I dump organic waste including weeds in a corner of the plot and the brandling worms just appear? Like wise with hoss muck mulches, the worms just appear?

I have a dalek. Brandling worms turned up in it a few years ago and now there are so many, they've spread around the garden and get into all the plant pots, even if the pots are raised up on feet. In small pots they are a nuisance, once in they can't seem to work out how to get out. They seem programmed to work their way upwards, and even climb up my plastic cloches and sit on the top of them. They also congregate on the underside of the dalek lid.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(15-03-2023, 11:31 PM)JJB Wrote:
(15-03-2023, 11:13 PM)Scarlet Wrote:

Yes I've seen that offer Scarlet, but I've yet to understand how a green joanna is classed as a hotbin,  as any pictures or drawings I've seen of them show very little insulation. In reality I can't really justify any more compost bins, hot or otherwise.
A friend has one and it definitely produces compost much faster than my daleks
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Have any of you ever tried to make your own hotbin?
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Proserpina's post:
  • JJB