ID please
JJB Offline
Moonraker
OK so I used spent compost  for sowing this years toms and should expect the odd rogue seedling. I'm used to weeds and tomatoes popping up everywhere,  but I've got a rogue something coming up alongside some tomato seedlings and it looks strange/familiar/interesting, but I've no idea what.  Its unlikely to be floral considering the compost was old tomato pots.
For size you'll see an emerging tomato, not yet reached proper leaf stage. What is it?........ Inspiration just hit me, could it be a cucumber, although I'm damned as if I can figure how it got into outdoor tomato compost.

Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
It does look like a cucurbit family member so could be a cucumber or a courgette/squash/melon.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Now how am I going to keep a cuc thriving until last frosts? I haven't got the heart to pull it out.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Agree with Veggie
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thay could be a courgette - I would bin it. Waste of space growing something that has cross pollinated...it may not even be edible.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
You have a point Scarlet. I may have to be hard hearted. I've plenty of new cucubits waiting to be sown without wasting effort on an unknown. TBH it looks more like a melon to me with 'map lines' on the leaves so that's from the kitchen waste, so definitely a non starter
Greetings from Salisbury