Is there a “moans and groans” thread
Farendwoman Offline
(11-02-2023, 06:32 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Well my moan is that after taking flowers to a Friday market for over 25 years , I’ve now been told that a new stall holder is coming to sell “bunches and bouquets of cut flowers”.
It’s a small Friday shoppers’ market - maximum of fifteen stalls. (Cheese, veg, crafts, cakes, jams, coffee, hot snacks, vintage clothing).
There are only a few regular customers for cut flowers for the Friday Market and I truly feel that there aren’t enough customers to support two flower stalls.
Nothing I can do, other than gnash my teeth and look for another outlet.
So sad after all this time

Had a dreadful day yesterday. Scrabbled around and managed to put together just five mixed bunches of viburnum, hazel catkins, red cornus stems, bamboo foliage and daffs. They looked lovely - even if I say so myself! Four pounds per bunch - bargain!

The new market stall holder brought all sorts of stuff , roses, sunflowers, exotic foliage, lilies etc. and sold hers for fifteen quid a bunch. They were very nice, I have to admit!
She sold about 25 bunches ( £375) - I sold my five (£20) and didn’t even cover my costs.
Just looking for sympathy really.(boo hoo!!)
I’m not likely to have anything till about May, but have to keep going to keep my pitch.
[-] The following 5 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a “moans and groans” thread - by Farendwoman - 04-03-2023, 08:33 PM