Soft drinks
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I need suggestions for soft drinks to replace my evening beer. I’m a bit of a one trick pony when it comes to drinks ( soft or alcoholic). I live on coke. I occasionally have an orange juice but only in warm weather. I occasionally have hot chocolate but it has to be Baltic (it hasn’t been cold enough yet this winter). Only drink water if I’m on deaths door! I don’t like squash (I’ve tried lots of different ones). 
I know there are many many different things out there but I really don’t know where to start.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Jimny14 Offline
Alcohol free beer?
[-] The following 3 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm not fond of fizzy drinks like coke although ginger beer is OK. GInger cordial is nice too (I like ginger!!)
These days I'm drinking herb tea and, believe it or not, one teaspoonful or teabag lasts me all day. I like it whether its hot or cold so keep topping up my teapot whenever there's some hot water in the kettle.
Not everyone's taste I know. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(03-01-2023, 09:34 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: Alcohol free beer?
Can you recommend any ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • JJB

Jimny14 Offline
(03-01-2023, 10:22 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(03-01-2023, 09:34 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: Alcohol free beer?
Can you recommend any ?

Sure, depends what sort of beer you're in to though.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I was a lager lout & a Prosecco tart  Big Grin .
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Jimny14, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I like elderflower cordial, I like St. Germain even more but of course that's not soft
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
My favourite soft drink is a freshly squeezed lemon in a pint glass topped up with the cheapest sugar free lemonade I can find.(Usually Aldi's 29p a 2 litre bottle)

I don't particularily like the fizz so sometimes make it in the morning and don't drink it until later in the day. Very refreshing and good for you. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
Iced coffee - very nice and quick and easy to make

Elderflower cordial is lovely, or apple cordial with mint in it (crush the mint yourself fresh from the garden)... My favourite squash is Vimto, and I like it strong.

Water with cucumber, if sat in the fridge for a few hours, it's very refreshing in hot weather.
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Jimny14 Offline
Leave alcohol free wine alone, they're not good alternatives to wine. Alcohol free lagers are difficult as there is so little hop profile to disguise the missing alcohol. The becks blue was the closest and most palatable for years, I haven't tried the more events ones like morretti or lucky Saint as I'm not much in to lager. Brew dog do a good selection of AF beers, punk AF and hazy Jane AF probably the most lager ish but a little more hoppy and zesty. There is also ghost ship AF by adnams which is great, light, citrus, refreshing. If you'd prefer something from a brewery set up to just do AF beers look no further than big drop brewery. They're all good drinks, I was especially surprised with their stout. But for a curve ball, closest alcohol free drink to the real thing that we have found has been sainsburys AF cider.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie