2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I have had a bit of a s**t of a day today! Cry The washing machine decided to self destruct and flood the laminate in the kitchen! Angry The worst part was that I didn't realise it was the washing machine and though I had a burst pipe behind the skirting boards. So off with all the skirting boards doing untold damage to the wall and checking heating and feed pipes to no avail. Pulled everything out from under the sInk but still couldn't see any reason? In case I had to knock the water off I filled the kettle and a pan with water so I would at least have a cuppa! Smile
Anyway moved on to the washer and checked all the pipes which appeared to be dry. I had done a wash load earlier in the day but didn't put two and two together. It wasn't until I switched the washer on again amid the devastation that I spotted the water bubbling out from beneath it! Washer is now at the front gate for the scrap man, and has a few extra dents where I booted it.
To crown it all I ordered a new washer for delivery tomorrow but on checking my bank account realised I had been billed for it twice. I had to contact Argos head office and the local branch to make sure two washers didn't land on my doorstep and they said my account will be reinbursed.
I've got the heating on now to try an dry the place out. I haven't had heating on for ages and I am sitting here roasting. The laminate got a good clean but I still fancy it will curl its edges up as it dries. Sick
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night - by Vinny - 17-01-2023, 06:36 PM