2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night
Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I've had a promising meeting about a future job today. Horrifying to think I should be a consultant in just over a year, but good to know there may be a job for me where I want to be. I managed to pick up bamboo plant labels on the way home too (plus I may have been unable to resist three packets of seeds from Wilko - all new varieties this year!)
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
My Mam used to keep guinee pigs and they were always fed on crushed oats and bran, with brassica leaves and what we called 'rabbit meat' which were dandelion leaves I collected for her! Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(28-03-2023, 06:04 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Bananas were never in the Guinea pigs diet when I’ve worked with them.
I've worked with lots of weird people but never with Guinea pigs. I'm trying to imagine you and the Guinea pigs doing floristry. They'd be good cleaning houses as they could scuttle along the floor, gathering dust on their fur and could go under cupboards and into awkward corners.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Small chilli

SarrissUK Offline
(28-03-2023, 08:55 PM)Proserpina Wrote: I've had a promising meeting about a future job today. Horrifying to think I should be a consultant in just over a year, but good to know there may be a job for me where I want to be. I managed to pick up bamboo plant labels on the way home too (plus I may have been unable to resist three packets of seeds from Wilko - all new varieties this year!)

Why horrified? You must have worked so hard to get to this point! I am proud of you! Come work at Hull Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Proserpina, Veggie

Bren Offline
Veggie from what I remember our Guinea pigs used to have a tiny bit of banana probably half inch long.
The eldest one lived for 8 years so we must have been doing something right.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-03-2023, 09:03 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(28-03-2023, 06:04 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Bananas were never in the Guinea pigs diet when I’ve worked with them.
I've worked with lots of weird people but never with Guinea pigs. I'm trying to imagine you and the Guinea pigs doing floristry. They'd be good cleaning houses as they could scuttle along the floor, gathering dust on their fur and could go under cupboards and into awkward corners.
You’re not a nutter for nothing  Big Grin . I worked with them in the zoo. Not often because unsurprisingly they were on the children’s farm part of the zoo. I tried to avoid that as much as possible!
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Smile 
Can everyone please vote on the G&G birthday competition.
https://gardenandgossip.org/showthread.p...4#pid52254

Thank you.  Big Grin
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Good evening everyone.Big Grin
I have another supermarket story to share with you and this one has me worried.
In Morries this afternoon, there's a mother and her young daughter ?about 8 years old? (I'm not good with kid's ages.- they all look the same to me).
The mother shouts at her daughter "Don't touch that, you'll catch AIDS. Don't touch anything here- its all full of AIDS".
The child, ignores her mother's warning and picks up something else ........"Put that back" shouts mother, "Its plastic. We don't want plastic in the house"
Child answers "but we have plastic in the house now".
Mother replies "but we don't want any more".

Now I can understand the plastic issue but everything in Morries will give you AIDs?
When I was a kid we were told not to sit on public toilet seats in case we caught anything - we were never warned off shopping in Morries.Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Bren Offline
Poor kid, it  does make you wonder Veggie  Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(09-07-2023, 09:26 PM)Veggie Wrote: Good evening everyone.Big Grin
I have another supermarket story to share with you and this one has me worried.
In Morries this afternoon, there's a mother and her young daughter ?about 8 years old? (I'm not good with kid's ages.- they all look the same to me).
The mother shouts at her daughter "Don't touch that, you'll catch AIDS. Don't touch anything here- its all full of AIDS".
The child, ignores her mother's warning and picks up something else ........"Put that back" shouts mother, "Its plastic. We don't want plastic in the house"
Child answers "but we have plastic in the house now".
Mother replies "but we don't want any more".

Now I can understand the plastic issue but everything in Morries will give you AIDs?
When I was a kid we were told not to sit on public toilet seats in case we caught anything - we were never warned off shopping in Morries.Big Grin
"Always wear clean underpants, in case you get ran over and need to be taken to hospital" Mam would say? Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie