2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(05-03-2023, 08:58 PM)Veggie Wrote: Looks lovely, SC. Are the aging hippies going to build a house with the wood?
They are not allowed to! It’s all a bit odd. It’s a big forest that’s been split into 4 acre plots and sold off by the forestry commission. It got lots of red tape that not understandable to anyone. They can do something after they’ve owned it for 4 years. If that’s being able to by a house or not I’m not sure.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
If its anything like the conditions I had with my 3 acre woodland, you could only build a shelter/tool shed and only stay overnight for something like 30 days a year.
The hippies live a great life - loved Thrifty Thursday - one for Vinny. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Proserpina, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(05-03-2023, 09:34 PM)Veggie Wrote: If its anything like the conditions I had with my 3 acre woodland, you could only build a shelter/tool shed and only stay overnight for something like 30 days a year.
The hippies live a great life - loved Thrifty Thursday - one for Vinny. Big Grin
Yeah I’ve just been watching some of them as well   Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Jay Offline
Morning, I’m back after a trip down south to spend some time with the family. Just missed the snow. No snow here just beautiful wall to wall sunshine but freezing cold.
Hope you are all well. Off for a quick catch up, see you later. x
West of Scotland
[-] The following 5 users Like Jay's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
After no end of blood tests and an ECG it appears I am pre-diabetic. To trya nd stop this from turning into full blown diabetes I have joined a NHS sponsored program involving local meatings? It sounds a bit like weightwatchers which I don't like, but I will give it a try and see how it pans out! Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Good luck Vinny, once I hit a certain age I get this, that, and the other, no point worrying, live for the day
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
Oh dear Vinny, no more fry ups....sure you will beat it
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Admin's post:
  • Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
What about all your exciting varieties of bread?
Will you have to give those up, Vinny?

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
More Tales from the Supermarket!
Went to Morries this afternoon and bought a 12.5kg bag of Wonky King Edwards. At the checkout, I ask the lady whether she could scan the barcode whilst its in the trolley to save heaving it out. Yes, she says, and leaves her seat to walk around to my trolley. She's staring at me and eventually says "Is your name Carole?" - then "Are you from Maindy". I say Yes to both questions. I grew up in Maindy and left about 1968 - she recognised me after all these years!!
I didn't recognise her, not helped by wearing a face mask. While she rattled on about all the neighbours we had had in common, the till was still adding in bags of potatoes - 5 sacks in total. Big Grin She then had to cancel them all and start again! Fortunately, it was quiet in store and there was no queue.
Don't know whether being recognised after 50+ years means that I look young or that I always looked this old. Big Grin
I bought 3 bags of bananas at 9p a bag, cheap carrots, calabrese, mushrooms and pears so it was a worthwhile visit.
Now a question for you, especially Bren..............Do guinea pigs eat bananas?
No, I don't have guinea pigs but I was asked the question in Morries and I'd like to know in case I'm ever asked this random question again.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, MartinH, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Bananas were never in the Guinea pigs diet when I’ve worked with them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie