2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Its very quiet here without SC - or, have you all gone Milling and not told me? Wink
Its another cold day and I'm not tempted to do much outdoors. My onion sets have just arrived so I may count them for something mindless to do that doesn't involve being out in the cold!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Small chilli, Vinny

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Had a stressful morning today. My Dad and brother stayed at my Grandma's last night, having loaded up a van there with the pieces of her furniture that are coming to me, as well as the bulkier bits of mine that have been stored there since I left Grimsby. I was up at 6am to get ready for them appearing. I was very relieved that everything made it in one piece, including the china cabinet that has glass doors and sides. It even survived the utterly horrifying way in which my Dad and brother manhandled it into my house! There has been much running around to stow things safely in rooms that I had cleared over the past week, but everything is in.

There's quite a bit more to come, as my parents have done a couple of smaller trips with their car so now have all my smaller bits and pieces at their house. They've already been back with a chair and a bookcase! It's quite exciting to get all of my stuff back - haven't seen most of it in almost three years.

And I have my washing machine! No more washing my clothes in the bathtub, thank goodness. I was going to put a wash on this afternoon, but opened the door and was bowled over by the smell! Instead, it has been scrubbed inside with vinegar and then had a very long hot cycle with more vinegar in place of detergent. It's smelling a lot vetter so hopefully some actual laundry is on the cards for tomorrow.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 4 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
How lovely to have your possessions (and washing machine) - and your Grandma's things -.around you again, Pros.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Jay, Proserpina, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(04-03-2023, 09:00 PM)Proserpina Wrote: Had a stressful morning today. My Dad and brother stayed at my Grandma's last night, having loaded up a van there with the pieces of her furniture that are coming to me, as well as the bulkier bits of mine that have been stored there since I left Grimsby. I was up at 6am to get ready for them appearing. I was very relieved that everything made it in one piece, including the china cabinet that has glass doors and sides. It even survived the utterly horrifying way in which my Dad and brother manhandled it into my house! There has been much running around to stow things safely in rooms that I had cleared over the past week, but everything is in.

There's quite a bit more to come, as my parents have done a couple of smaller trips with their car so now have all my smaller bits and pieces at their house. They've already been back with a chair and a bookcase! It's quite exciting to get all of my stuff back - haven't seen most of it in almost three years.

And I have my washing machine! No more washing my clothes in the bathtub, thank goodness. I was going to put a wash on this afternoon, but opened the door and was bowled over by the smell! Instead, it has been scrubbed inside with vinegar and then had a very long hot cycle with more vinegar in place of detergent. It's smelling a lot vetter so hopefully some actual laundry is on the cards for tomorrow.
Laundry will smel llike a chip shop............very nice! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Jay, Proserpina, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’m back  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Welcome home. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
It was a very enjoyable weekend mostly. The people we were doing the milling for were lovely aging hippies. And she was a very good cook. It was a lovely place. Just a 4 acer of woodland. We were milling windfall.

[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Jay, JJB, MartinH, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Some of the photos from walking the dogs when we’d finished milling.

[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Farendwoman, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Our lovely hosts have a YouTube channel
https://youtube.com/@happyhippies321
They did a couple of videos of the wood clearing that we were involved with. I had no idea they had done that. Until I just went to look at their channel  Big Grin .
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Looks lovely, SC. Are the aging hippies going to build a house with the wood?
EDIT - just seen the videos! You were lucky with the weather.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli