2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I have had a bit of a s**t of a day today! Cry The washing machine decided to self destruct and flood the laminate in the kitchen! Angry The worst part was that I didn't realise it was the washing machine and though I had a burst pipe behind the skirting boards. So off with all the skirting boards doing untold damage to the wall and checking heating and feed pipes to no avail. Pulled everything out from under the sInk but still couldn't see any reason? In case I had to knock the water off I filled the kettle and a pan with water so I would at least have a cuppa! Smile
Anyway moved on to the washer and checked all the pipes which appeared to be dry. I had done a wash load earlier in the day but didn't put two and two together. It wasn't until I switched the washer on again amid the devastation that I spotted the water bubbling out from beneath it! Washer is now at the front gate for the scrap man, and has a few extra dents where I booted it.
To crown it all I ordered a new washer for delivery tomorrow but on checking my bank account realised I had been billed for it twice. I had to contact Argos head office and the local branch to make sure two washers didn't land on my doorstep and they said my account will be reinbursed.
I've got the heating on now to try an dry the place out. I haven't had heating on for ages and I am sitting here roasting. The laminate got a good clean but I still fancy it will curl its edges up as it dries. Sick
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Seems to be the week for leaks. Sorry it had to happen to you too.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Jay

Vinny Offline
(17-01-2023, 06:42 PM)Veggie Wrote: Seems to be the week for leaks. Sorry it had to happen to you too.
Worried that things come in three's though. Two weeks ago an exploding microwave and now an exploding washer. Think I'll keep my distance from the telly! Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
One for SC Big Grin There was a programme on Radio4 yesterday called Scotland's Ships or something similar. All about your CalMac ferries. They were sailing past Mull as they did some of the commentary. I thought of you! Didn't hear it all as I was driving.
Didn't know that they'd launched an empty ship with painted on windows in order to meet a deadline (I think) and give Nicola Sturgeon something to launch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0dwqw0x
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thanks veggie  Smile . I’ll have a listen to that. 
Did they mention the Isle of Mull ( ferry , not island! Very confusing  Big Grin ) breaks down every year. Within a week of coming back from her annual service    Big Grin . This year she’s excelled herself and broke down on the way back from service    Rolleyes Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(18-01-2023, 12:53 AM)Small chilli Wrote: Thanks veggie  Smile . I’ll have a listen to that. 
Did they mention the Isle of Mull ( ferry , not island! Very confusing  Big Grin ) breaks down every year. Within a week of coming back from her annual service    Big Grin . This year she’s excelled herself and broke down on the way back from service    Rolleyes Big Grin .

Chris has been feeling miserable all day and this made her smile.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
(18-01-2023, 12:53 AM)Small chilli Wrote: Thanks veggie  Smile . I’ll have a listen to that. 

We have a similar scenario with the chain ferry between Cowes and East  Cowes on IOW, it did seem for a while there was more down time than running time.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Jay Offline
Evening all, hope all is good in your world. Been a miserable day weather wise so managed to clear out some rubbish and do a small ironing, that’s been it.
Enjoy the rest of the day folks, catch you later. x
West of Scotland
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Afternoon all. I scored for some wood for logburner whilst walking Kato yesterday! Cool A house is being renovated and I spotted some timber in the garden they were chucking out. I asked if I could have it and they told me there was more around theside of the house I could have also. After dropping Kato back home I went around with my wheelbarrow to collect the small stuff. After taking the small stuff home I returned with the car with the seats down and managed to get all of the longer stuff in one load.
Today I emptied the car of timber and decided to get the chainsaw out and cut some of my ever increasing pile iup for logs Smile . I have been on cutting logs for an hour or  so, came in for some lunch and will now go back out and wheelbarrow logs to storage area.
No rest for the wicked! Rolleyes
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Jay Offline
Evening all. Hope you are all well! Just had a lovely long weekend in South Ayrshire, visited Culzean Country Park for a lovely walk and topped the weekend off going to see Peter Kay. Busy time but enjoyable and took my mind off things.
Was hoping to see the comet tonight but it’s too cloudy, maybe tomorrow.
Enjoy the rest of your evening folks. x
West of Scotland
[-] The following 4 users Like Jay's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie