2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night
Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Just about recovered from a trip to London to look after a grandson for the week. While we were there, I developed flu-like symptoms which were just about clearing when I was driving back, might have been an allergic reaction to the little... My Manchester son-in-law watered the greenhouses once while we were away and also the polytunnel which was enough. When we got back there were loads of tomatoes, courgettes and other stuff needing picking. The grass needs mowing and lots of weeds flowering. In some grass I mowed just before we went I noticed some docks about to flower already.

When I went out to look at the plum tree this morning, expecting all the fruit to have been got by something I came back with over 2kg of ripe plums. And the attacks on the katy apples seems to have stopped so should get a good supply very soon.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Evening All. Bought a "new" second-hand laptop today so have spent most of the day switching from one to another. Feeling confused - moving between computers which are side by side at present chatting to each other!
Wish there was a simpler way of doing it - there probably is but I'm too much of a dinosaur to know how!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(15-08-2023, 06:39 PM)Veggie Wrote: Evening All. Bought a "new" second-hand laptop today so have spent most of the day switching from one to another. Feeling confused - moving between computers which are side by side at present chatting to each other!
Wish there was a simpler way of doing it - there probably is but I'm too much of a dinosaur to know how!

depends what you are doing. When I replace my computer, I usually copy all the files on the old one to a memory stick, then put that in the new one and copy them from the stick. Then export internet browser bookmarks to a file on the old one and import them on the new one and that's about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thanks Mark. That's roughly what I did. Also put stuff in the cloud and pulled it back from there. I just worry that I may have missed something that I really really will want/need and it'll be too late when the old laptop is wiped.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Yesterday was Tuesday so it was out with the girls. They gave me a pre birthday tea with cake and lots of silly presents, one of which was this. Initially I thought it was seeds, but no, something totally different.   There were a few ribald remarks, especially from P.

Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
With watermelon extract! I wonder why they chose those ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(16-08-2023, 03:25 PM)Veggie Wrote: With watermelon extract! I wonder why they chose those ?

I'm sure it must be because watermelon extract is a proven substance for youthful skin..... but then again it might be because it sounded good and might sell better.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
.......or because they're big. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(16-08-2023, 10:21 PM)Veggie Wrote: .......or because they're big. Big Grin

Now you're being  personal......... but probably correct.    (I'm talking about watermelons of course )
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Evening everyone.
I might be a little quieter than usual Big Grin  . We’re having a long weekend away. I’m looking forward to it & dreading it in equal measures. My best friend is getting married.  That bit will be entertaining apart from having to wear a dress. The travelling to & from Chester, not so much. And leaving the boys! Never spent a night away from the boys. They starting their holidays this evening. Going round to a friend, who they both really like. As we’re leaving early in the morning. I’m really looking forward to a takeaway at some point. Also I get to pick up my new shower tray. Also I’ll get to see an old friend I’ve not seen in 30 years! Big Grin
Best bit when we get home, we can again start building. Because we won’t be faffing about with a military operation to get the vehicle through MOTs. 2 trips to Oban this week. It failed Monday, passed today  Big Grin .Bob has spent about 3 weeks under the flipping thing. With the occasional stressful break because the parts haven’t arrived. Due to weather, incompetent couriers, incompetent ferries. Nearly as much time spent in the attic looking for things that have been very carefully packed because of moving. Then the realisation , you need some of that!  Rolleyes  . All immensely infuriating. When all you really want to do , is stay home in your very old comfy clothes and build your house.
But it will be good to see my best mate finally walk down the aisle and be very happy.  Cool
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 7 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie, Vinny