2023 - How's your Weather today?
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(03-03-2023, 12:45 PM)Veggie Wrote: Cold but dry, Cold but dry, Dry but Cold - just trying to warm my fingers up by typing.................Dry but Very Cold............
Same here...............no sign of the sun either! Sick Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Ditto. Took a great deal of will power to go out this morning. The wind chill is, as it says on the tin, very chilly. No sun. About 5 degrees as we speak but feels much less.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Not what I expected today with all the dire warnings of snow! Cry Woke up to a heavy frost, so today was cold, but glorious sunshine all day. Even managed to get my washing dried on the line! Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Very cold here but no snow or frost - not much sunshine either!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Farendwoman Offline
(07-03-2023, 05:35 PM)Vinny Wrote: Not what I expected today with all the dire warnings of snow! Cry Woke up to a heavy frost, so today was cold, but glorious sunshine all day. Even managed to get my washing dried on the line! Cool
Same here Vinny. (weather wise that is).
i wasn’t clever enough to get the washing done while it was so bright and sunny.
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Not a lot done in garden lately as giving the living room a 30year makeover. New woodburner installed but walls need repairing and then paint or papering, some skirting needs replacing. Floor needs attention in one corner before a new carpet can be bought. Could take a few weeks for me to get everything done.

Managed to pot on 160 small onions and have done a bit of hoeing and weeding. Today just covered my seed potatoes in the shed to protect from the frosts.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Who's got snow?

We have. Only a light covering about an inch and it's melting away as we speak. They were forecasting a second batch later tonight but that has changed. No more snow, just grubby rainy drizzle  and murk.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
We have snow, started late last night and still going. About 3" I would guess. Supposed to turn to rain later today and return Friday Sad
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
We had lots of snow overnight - about 4-6". Its thawing now and turning to rain. I won't be gardening today.Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, JJB

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Hope you snowy and cold folks are staying warm.
We have a little rain today - we've had less than 20mm since mid January and it's all a bit grim! It was due to rain all day yesterday but the rain stayed about 5km north of us - the downside of looking at rain radar   Confused
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Veggie