2023 - What I sowed today
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Yes, she's fine. More worried that her daughter or son will find out that she's been cutting hedges when she's been told not to! I've been sworn to secrecy. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Today I sowed Rainbow Chard and perpetual Spinach in modules in the GH. Also old Winter Radish and Turnip seeds in the veg patch.
The radish I sowed 2 weeks ago is galloping away.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(04-09-2023, 09:51 PM)Veggie Wrote: Today I sowed Rainbow Chard and perpetual Spinach in modules in the GH. Also old Winter Radish and Turnip seeds in the veg patch.

You've spurred me on, I might sow some chard for putting in the gh after the toms have gone.  None of my overwintering experiments have succeeded yet so I'm not hopeful.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(05-09-2023, 09:08 AM)JJB Wrote:
(04-09-2023, 09:51 PM)Veggie Wrote: Today I sowed Rainbow Chard and perpetual Spinach in modules in the GH. Also old Winter Radish and Turnip seeds in the veg patch.

You've spurred me on, I might sow some chard for putting in the gh after the toms have gone.  None of my overwintering experiments have succeeded yet so I'm not hopeful.
Don't forget some Bijou mangetout for overwintering - and lettuce, landcress and rocket.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(05-09-2023, 09:49 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(05-09-2023, 09:08 AM)JJB Wrote:

Don't forget some Bijou mangetout for overwintering - and lettuce, landcress and rocket.

Bijou didn't work last year, it has been well and truly frosted the last two years running. Rocket? Can't stand the stuff and I'm not running up the garden in the winter for lettuce leaves we just don't eat them.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Yesterday I sowed Flower seeds - Cerinthe, Calendula, Cornflower, Nigella and Escholzia (in modules) for the G&G Floral Bouquet Project. (£30 saved)
Today I sowed Curled Cress in a tray, Rhubarb Chard, North Holland Redmate onions, Pak choi, Mixed salad leaves in modules) and Radish in a pot in GH1 for the Not the Pot G&G Club. (£40 saved). Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Sowed Cress, Greek Cress and Broccoletto for microgreens.
  • JJB, Small chilli

Garrett Offline
Sweet Pea Old Fashioned Mixed (Johnson's)

I tried autumn sowing sweet peas a couple of years ago and it was a disaster as the seedlings were all eaten by mice or pulled out by birds. Anyway, I'm trying again, hopefully I'll be able to protect them better and have success.
[-] The following 2 users Like Garrett's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
No exactly "sowed" but I planted some turmeric tubers in pots today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
In order to save £20 on my Not the Pot gang subscription, I sowed lots of old alpine strawberry seeds, some almost as old Giant Winter Spinach and some relatively new Garlic Chives. They're the only ones that may grow - the others are probably past it - but I've given them a chance. Big Grin
  • Farendwoman, JJB