Claim your County
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm geographically challenged and, when Garden Grower wrote that they were in Suffolk, I struggled to place it on a UK map - and whether there were any more members who lived nearby. I think of the UK as a giant jigsaw puzzle, where each county interlocks with its neighbours, so I wondered whether, between us, we could complete the jigsaw, or, how many pieces are we missing.

How about "Claiming" your county and giving us a pen picture of the area? You can "Claim" your town or village or island too. For those in France, you can "Claim" whatever you like!

I'll start by Claiming the City and County of Cardiff, Capital of Wales and Land of My Fathers and Mothers. I live near the City boundary, where the houses run out and the woods and fields reign supreme. On a clear day, I can see England, Somerset to be exact, across the Severn Estuary. If anyone lives there I'll wave to you.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 8 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, JJB, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Unsurprisingly I’m detached from all of you ( and reality  Wink ) .
I’ll make a bold statement and claim the southern half of the Isle of Mull.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 8 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Moth, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I'll claim South Yorkshire. Former industrial heartland now struggling with significant poverty and years of under-investment. However, also home to beautiful countryside, rolling hills, large woods, grassy fields, etc. Also contains one of the nation's newest cities (though I really can't see how it qualified!)
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 8 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Moth, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

SarrissUK Offline
I lay my claim (bold from a genuine viking) to northern Lincolnshire. Not just North Lincolnshire in which I reside, but also North East Lincolnshire where I used to live. I claim it as my own and that I am a yellow belly, not by origin but by adoption.
[-] The following 8 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Moth, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'll bagsy west wiltshire/ a stones throw away from the border of North East Somerset and the City of Bath.... I love it here, beautiful city and architecture alongside some stunning countryside.... if a little flat in places. This area is definitely a bolthole for the welsh that fancy a change Big Grin.
The weather here has always been much drier and hotter compared to the welsh valleys so Im often bombarded by the welsh in search of a sunnier weekend.
[-] The following 7 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Moth, Proserpina, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I claim Durham,Durham,....... Durham,......... Durham, Durham, Durham .........home of the Pink Panther. Big Grin I was in Geordieland but am now on the border of Durham and Weardale we are not Geordies or Mackems but go by the rather strange name of Woolybacks! (I dunno whether thats because of the propensity of sheep which abound or a hint at our winter hardiness?) Sick
Why anyone would want to live in this dispicable place I have no idea, but the scenery is very nice and it's a rural setting! Rolleyes

Oh, and I forgot, the fishing is good and we have a cathedral and quite a few castles! Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 7 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Moth, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
My county of birth is Devon but I have had spells in Essex but home is NE Hampshire. My wife is a true Hampshire Hog, we live in Hampshires biggest town, Basingstoke, always berated in sitcoms but it is a nice place to live with below par unemployment.

Basingstoke also boasts of the south's best shopping centre.
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 5 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Moth, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
As you all probably expect, I'll claim Salisbury and Amesbury in South Wiltshire.We have the history of Salisbury cathedral and stonehenge nearby and the dubious pleasure of the Porton Down scientific establishment just a stone's throw away. I think I'll put dibs on the Isle of Wight as well as we have a flat there, but I don't do much gardening there.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, Moth, Veggie

Bren Offline
I'm claiming Derbyshire from Glossop in the Peak District across to Bolsover then down to the East Midlands airport and all the areas in between Big Grin
It's perfect for walking but the hills are hard to cycle up then scary fast downhill.
[-] The following 6 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Moth, Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Do any Claimed Counties have a common border yet?
I'm not expecting any neighbours here!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay