Energy Shift
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My Next Energy Shift Challenge! Reduce consumption by 20% for an hour and earn 63p. I'm sure they've reduced their payments, now that they've got me hooked!
The next energy saving event is scheduled for Monday 23/01/2023 from 5:00PM to 6:00PM.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Looks like tonight's energy shift is NOT a test - but the real thing! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-6436...ebook_page

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
And Another Real Life Energy Shift Challenge - tonight 4-30 to 6pm. Eon have just contacted me - 2 hours before the event! Good job I'm not at work or I'd have missed it. By the way, what is "work"? Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(18-01-2023, 06:34 PM)Veggie Wrote: My Next Energy Shift Challenge has arrived:-
The next Energy Shift event is scheduled for Thursday 19/01/2023 from 9:00AM to 10:00AM.
If I do this, they'll pay me 49p. That'll go a long way towards reducing my current debit statement of £180 Big Grin
You reduced your energy usage by 56% which means you'll get £1.05 credited to your account.

That's a bit better than 49p. Now I owe £179. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(22-01-2023, 07:00 PM)Veggie Wrote: My Next Energy Shift Challenge! Reduce consumption by 20% for an hour and earn 63p. I'm sure they've reduced their payments, now that they've got me hooked!
The next energy saving event is scheduled for Monday 23/01/2023 from 5:00PM to 6:00PM.
You reduced your energy usage by 61% which means you'll get £1.66 credited to your account.

I'm getting good at this. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
At each stage of reduction do they realign the starting level? Are you making it more difficult for yourself each time you reduce energy consumption?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(24-01-2023, 03:39 PM)Veggie Wrote: And Another Real Life Energy Shift Challenge - tonight 4-30  to 6pm. Eon have just  contacted me - 2 hours before the event! Good job I'm not at work or I'd have missed it. By the way, what is "work"? Big Grin
Maybe I'm not so good after all.  Blush

Thanks again for taking part in the energy saving event on Tuesday 24/01/2023. You did a great thing.

Although you didn’t meet your energy reduction target this time, which means you missed out on money off your bill, you still helped make the National Grid greener this winter.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Oh dear, what a disappointment, all that effort for nothing.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(27-01-2023, 11:41 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(24-01-2023, 03:39 PM)Veggie Wrote: And Another Real Life Energy Shift Challenge - tonight 4-30  to 6pm. Eon have just  contacted me - 2 hours before the event! Good job I'm not at work or I'd have missed it. By the way, what is "work"? Big Grin
Maybe I'm not so good after all.  Blush

Thanks again for taking part in the energy saving event on Tuesday 24/01/2023. You did a great thing.

Although you didn’t meet your energy reduction target this time, which means you missed out on money off your bill, you still helped make the National Grid greener this winter.
Surely it would have cost them what you saved to employ someone to email you and tell you that you hadn't saved owt! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I remember this Failure because they usually ask me the day before if I want to play which gives me time to plan my day around it. This time they only gave an hour or so's notice. It was also a very cold day and I decided that I wasn't going to keep the heating off in order to save 60p or summat. There's a limit to how much inconvenience I'll put up with. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Vinny