What’s in your pocket
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
So boys & girls when you put your trousers into the wash, what do you empty out of your pockets?

Mine looks like this  Blush .

Things at the bottom of the pile you can’t see. Loose change, another 2 pencils, builders chalk. Plus keys & phone which go straight into the next set of pockets.  Not forgetting the usual sawdust, rust, bits of rubbish and fluff that always finds it’s way into my pocket. Does anyone else turn pockets inside out, into a bin before putting in the washing machine? 

What you got?
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
You are presupposing the trousers get washed, that uses leccy and water, far too expensive Big Grin but obviously there comes a time when they stand up by themselves and need a decontaminating. Yes I empty the pockets into the bin first, but there's usually nothing as interesting as your stuff. My problem is getting the old trousers into the dustbin. I spend hours patching and mending old favourites. My current trousers don't have pockets this is why I carry a bag up the garden.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I always keep £1.20 in my trouser pockets in case there are any eggs in an honesty box I frequent.I also always carry a spare hair laccy band in case the one I use snaps and two doggy poo bags Blush  The coinage frequently finisihes up scouring the washing machine inside! Rolleyes  Most of the other stuff (similar to yours) stays in my gillet pockets which as far as I can remember has never been washed.  Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I couldn't walk if I had all that stuff in my pockets!! Mine usually has a big hankie (a table napkin) and torn off bits of seed packets. Maybe a mint humbug as I'm a sucker for humbugs! That's just around the garden trouser stuff - all the tools are in a builders bucket that I carry around with me.
Going for a walk - I'd add some poo bags and a small backpack for a phone, dog treats and to carry home treasure.
Going anywhere else, I take a shoulder bag - I've no idea what's in that.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Then there's the time when you forget to empty the pockets. I'm sure we've all laundered bank notes, perfectly legally of course. I remember washing g two of the lad's gameboy games, much to his disgust. They don't work after washing....strange as it may seem
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

SarrissUK Offline
When I go out in the garden I usually wear trousers that have pickets. Then I often find a teaspoon, a pencil, a permanent marker pen and scissors in my pickets. And muck.
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
What's a picket?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • SarrissUK, Small chilli

Jimny14 Offline
OK so it depends what I'm doing but general rule day to day at work, ragging around town with the kids etc I will ways have in my pockets, phone, keys, headphones (love a podcast when I get the chance), pocket knife of some variety almost always with scissors, bottle opener and screwdriver somehow (I have a few different options depending where we're going), a small pen, notebook, torch and my wallet. My wallet also doubles as a tiny minor first aid kit for minor scrapes etc. I'll do pictures when I get a chance if anyone is interested for scale etc.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Jimny14 Offline
If I'm in the garden it's a whole different pocket game. And a whole different set of trousers
[-] The following 4 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
My pocket contents is different from the above picture on a Work day. Then it’s just phone & 2 sets of keys.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.