2023 - Grow your Edible "Bucket List"
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Does anyone fancy joining me in a new Challenge for 2023? 
I've never grown a decent cauliflower, cabbage or sprouts, carrots and potatoes are hit and miss, in fact, courgettes and tomatoes are the only things I can rely on. Somethings like sweet peppers, kohl rabi and okra
As my Headmistress was fond of saying " You must try harder!" - next year, I will. Big Grin
My thoughts are to try to grow at least One of everything and to post a photo of it, whether its edible or not Smile

I know some of us are pretty good at this already so its not a case of who grows the best Whatevers but who tries to grow the most different Whatevers - because, if you don't try, you won't succeed. 
This is my List, as a start:-
Radish, Carrot, Turnip, Swede, Parsnip, Beetroot, Kohl rabi, Potato, Celeriac
Onion, Leek, Spring onion, Celery, Florence Fennel
Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli/Calabrese, Kale, Lettuce, Sprouts, Chinese cabbage
Courgette, Pumpkin, Melon, Cucumber
Tomato, Aubergine, Sweet pepper, Chilli pepper, 
Peas, mangetout, DFB, CFB, Runner bean, Broad beans. 

That's 35 veg. Any more I should add? 

Assuming that I'm not the only one who wants to play, we could either run our own personal thread on the Veg Showcase Board or the Diary one. Personally, I'd like to reach 2024 with a photographic record of each veg I've grown, with pride that I've tried, not embarrassment at my failures and a pile of unsown seeds.  Rolleyes
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
This little Challenge has slipped through the net - so I'm picking it up, dusting it off and posting again.Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
This is a really good challenge. Only this afternoon I was looking fondly at the one and only flo fennel I've produced that looks like ones in the shops. I sowed about twenty this year, and about the same in previous years, too!

I'm seed sorting at the moment, so will have a better idea of the list later on.

Carrots, celeriac and cauliflower will feature!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’m very tempted to join in. I do want to grow a lot more next year. There’s a couple of stumbling blocks for me. Will I actually have time? Which garden? I’m definitely going to grow courgette, pumpkin, chillies, beans, peas, kale, sweet peppers, tomatoes.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'll try with only a selection. Many of those veg I've tried in the past with disastrous results and others that just won't get eaten, so its rather pointless to grow summat that no one will eat. I promise to try something new, how about that?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
SC, Of course you'll have time Big Grin Grow the long term veg in your new garden and the quick ones in your old garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Well as you’ve made it sound so simple  Big Grin . I have no choice. 
Hopefully I’ll try some new things as well. I want to grow 7 varieties of kale 3 of which are new to me.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
I have the space so will join in, my real nemesis is radish, I have few issues with brassica crops, legumes and roots.

Try golden acre Veggie a simple summer cabbage that can be sown closer than most
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Nope... struggling for space here. All the bare earth will have herbs and flowers. Considering advertising for a young man friday to dig ip some turf.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
That's me out, as I am old man Sunday now Big Grin
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie