Social Media
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I’m just wondering how many of our members subscribe to SM like Facebook & Instagram, and if they share their accounts.

I do Instagram but it’s a private account you have to request access from me. I don’t do Facebook I think it’s to intrusive and I see my wife on it night and day.

If anyone is interested in my Instagram account you can find me with the user name Caniceh 

If you are going to request to follow me please post on this thread and let me know what your user name is so I can approve you, or private message me if you prefer.
I know I have 1 or 2 followers from here already.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm on FB but I don't put any personal information on it. I've joined a few Freebie groups and some gardening and local ones but that's it. I'm not interested in joining any discussions etc - I read and move on.
I joined Instagram but couldn't post any photos so it seemed pointless. Have left it and Twitter seems a real waste of time.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Small chilli, Vinny

Farendwoman Offline
I don’t do any Social Media at all.
Only use email to contact one person at a time.
My other half has signed up to a small group of 20 for WhatsApp which only has our immediate neighbours. It was very useful in lockdown for information and looking out for each other.
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

SarrissUK Offline
I'm on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Sarriss/) and on Instagram (nodigadventures) and both get the occasional gardening update, but more geeky gardening stuff on the insta.
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I dropped instagram like a red hot brick. Just couldn’t be bothered.
On fb for local buy & sell groups, finding out what cetacean are around. Finding gardening deals. Other than that I’m not interested. Mostly on fb to use messenger. Which I like because it means I don’t have to actually talk to anyone.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
No Insta or Twitter here. I only have a FB account which I set up years ago to snoop on what my boy was doing at uni . Smile I very very seldom post on FB and what I read on FB seems incredibly boring. I don't find it easy to navigate TBH.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I was amongst the earliest UK people to get on Facebook back in 2005 (back when you had to go to one of just three UK universities to join in this country). I stayed on for a number of years but deleted my account around 2010 and have never rejoined. I've never done Instagram or Twitter.

I do Reddit though. There are some good gardening, composting, and permaculture subs, as well as some for doctors.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I do FB, Twitter & joined Instagram last year.
In general FB is real friends & family plus local groups, Instagram is food, gardening & nature & Twitter is ranty venting politics!!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Facebook, snapchat and emails. Use FB messenger quite a bit for sending interesting links to friends and family. Have joined quite a few fb groups but rarely post. Tried tweeting but didn't like it.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I joined friends reunited when it first started maybe in 2000? Not long after i moved out of London... linking up with friends that Id moved away from.
We all moved over to FB when that started. I dont have many local people on it - I use it for friends/family from my home town and people I went to college with.

I absolutely loved instagram- love photos, but its changed lots over the last 18Months so I dont use it like I did, I dont like videos/reels... though I love a page of photographs. Shows me what was in flower when etc.Reminds me whta was good in the garden. I have "met" lots of other gardeners and have swapped dahlia tubers with some Smile

FB I still use - fab for local groups. If someones cat gets hurt or someone has lost a key etc - you can find the owner.
I found my patio tiles - second hand on there and a ferret for my bother Big Grin

I post my flower bunch photos and let people know what I've picked on the weekend via my flower page - local people follow me and message me when they want a bunch! When it was raining/super hot it was the only way to sell my flowers.

You can find me at Shurnhold flowers

I also follow groups - national dahlias etc... and some diabetes groups for kids when my boys were first diagnosed were life savers when i needed advice and DIY info/kit to extend the life of medical equipment that I couldn't afford to buy. I managed to make a gadget that linked to my sons kit that would wake me at night if his blood sugars were out of range. That would not have been possible if I hadnt been on FB

I use Messenger all the time for my boys - sending photos etc
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie