Yellow sticker tips?
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Couldn't help myself tonight as I bought from Morrisons some fresh prepared squid reduced from £4.30 to 43p and a Rays wing with a similar reduction. Rays wing went into freezer until i an figure out what to do with it on Friday? and the squid was scrumptious for supper done in a wok with chilli's and veg! Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I can tell your enjoying Yellow sticker hunting, Vinny - and the resulting meals.
I've had a week off in order to make space in the freezer. Another local church is having a Free Food Day on Saturday so I may be brave and go to this one.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Vinny Offline
(27-07-2022, 10:22 PM)Veggie Wrote: I can tell your enjoying Yellow sticker hunting, Vinny - and the resulting meals.
I've had a week off in order to make space in the freezer. Another local church is having a Free Food Day on Saturday so I may be brave and go to this one.
I need to lay off for a while as both my freezers are choc-a-block and I am getting a bit sick of playing freezer Jenga! Rolleyes It's an addiction like alcohol or smoking!  Cry

" My name is Vinnie and I am a Yellow Sticker-a-Holic" Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You could try the "Go a week without buying anything challenge" that I was trying to do (but failed as I had to go to Aldi for something boring, can't even remember what now!).
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
It definitely is an addiction, although my pal and I refer to it as a game, it sounds better. She cannot resist a discount, I have to remind her constantly 'it's not a bargain if you won't use it'.

Next door offered me a toad in the hole ready meal that he couldn't eat, yes said I, P will eat that (P will eat anything) Smile this was on 25 July, the BBE date was 5 July. A freebie is fine but I draw the line at nearly 3 weeks out of date. Next door thought he was doing me a favour, bless him,........I think, although he might of course be trying to kill me off, which is entirely possible considering the nagging I'm giving him about eating properly. Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(27-07-2022, 11:03 PM)Veggie Wrote: You could try the "Go a week without buying anything challenge" that I was trying to do (but failed as I had to go to Aldi for something boring, can't even remember what now!).
Yep,I think 'Cold Turkey' is the only way! Rolleyes mmmmmmmm cold turkey! Big Grin
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Well, that didn't last long did it! Blush

My canny little haul from Morries this evening! They all went through at full price so I finally got a hold of an assistant to change it. He said he would put it through as one purchase but couldn't do the mental arithmatic to add it up so I had to do it. Rolleyes What do they teach kids at school these days? Huh

Well pleased with the carrot cake for 40p and the Mazi mozzarella for 20p! Cool Total expenditure £1.74!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

• Bren, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
There's a couple of meals there - you could do the £1a day challenge. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

Vinny Offline
(03-08-2022, 08:21 PM)Veggie Wrote: There's a couple of meals there - you could do the £1a day challenge. Big Grin
Nah, I would need to formulate a spreadsheet then! Tongue Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Magnificent haul there Vinny, I wish we had a Morries nearby.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie