Yellow sticker tips?
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I thought you'd be delving into a spot of fishing for Fishy Friday. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(14-07-2022, 10:43 PM)Veggie Wrote: I thought you'd be delving into a spot of fishing for Fishy Friday. Big Grin
I am, I have my frozen trout goujons to cook. Cool Question is do I go batter or breadcrumbs? Huh Or even a flavoured batter as don't want to waste a bottle of beer from the fridge to make batter! Rolleyes I might add some curry powder to batter and try that, or even try some various favoured batters, curry,chilli,Harissa etc. Huh I'll let you know what I come up with in the 'meal for today' thread. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IIRC a dash of vinegar has the same effect as beer in batter. Big Grin
  • JJB

SarrissUK Offline
Don't forget the app Too good to go Vinny! It'll give you a chance to nail down whole bags of yellow stickered stuff for very little money Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB

Vinny Offline
(15-07-2022, 01:36 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Don't forget the app Too good to go Vinny! It'll give you a chance to nail down whole bags of yellow stickered stuff for very little money Smile
I've had the app for a while just never bothered with it! Just fired it up to be greeted by.............. 'No food needs saving for now' Sick
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I don't DO Apps - and it involves money changing hands. Big Grin
  • Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
For those of you that are on fb . This just popped up as a suggested group.

Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've just asked to join it but I don't think it'll be good for me. Probably just make me envious of all the bargains that others have snapped up.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've been approved as a member and had a browse. Lots of photos of the days bargains which leads to "What time was that" and people chipping in with the times their store marks down.
There are a few stroppy people on there. For example, someone posted a photo of a 30p shower gel from Tesco and said that they use it as a hand wash as its so much cheaper.
Along comes a question "What are the ingredients as my daughter has sensitive skin. Also is it good for the oceans"
A really nasty reply saying this forum isn't for fussy people who care about the environment - its for those who are skint.
Then others come back and say it was a fair question etc etc etc.
Doubt that I'll ever post on there - I'd rather share my bargains with you lot as you don't argue. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(17-07-2022, 11:04 PM)Veggie Wrote: I've been approved as a member and had a browse. Lots of photos of the days bargains which leads to "What time was that" and people chipping in with the times their store marks down.
There are a few stroppy people on there. For example, someone posted a photo of a 30p shower gel from Tesco and said that they use it as a hand wash as its so much cheaper.
Along comes a question "What are the ingredients as my daughter has sensitive skin. Also is it good for the oceans"
A really nasty reply saying this forum isn't for fussy people who care about the environment - its for those who are skint.
Then others come back and say it was a fair question etc etc etc.
Doubt that I'll ever post on there - I'd rather share my bargains with you lot as you don't argue. Big Grin
Yeah I joined as well . Agree about the bitchiness and tbh it doesn't appeal to me. Sick I don't want summat reduced to half price I want it at 10% of original price or they can keep it! Big Grin I never buy reduced chicken either as I am wary about salnmonella.
I have often wondered whilst wandering round shops that you sometimes find odd items 'dumped' by possibly someone who has found a cheaper alternative or just changed there mind but can't be bothered to replace item where they got it from. These are sometiimes chilled items which will be added to the reduced counter I would imagine, but could account for stuff being 'off' before the sell by date. Huh
  • JJB, Veggie