June - the lull before the storm
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I think June may be my favourite gardening month.
We still have some of the spring freshness, most of the sowing and transplanting has been done with just the week in week out successional sowing to be done, plus the Big Job of leek planting! 
In July the produce starts to come thick and fast and there's much less time to simply sit or wander and enjoy the garden. By August it's a battle to keep on top of the harvesting and the watering and much of the garden has become a brown and largely flowerless wasteland, dahlias and zinnias aside! But there is the promise of aubergines and chillies as the month progresses. 
September and October are good again, lots and lots of produce, hopefully some rain and no early frosts.
I have no idea the point of this post, it just crossed my mind, watching the first flowers appear on the tomatoes, how much promise June brings.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 7 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Jimny14, JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I think I like late June rather than early June here, our climate is a little different than yours PP and early/mid June is alway a race getting the plants in the ground. Once frosts have gone and the trays are cleared I can breathe easy in the lull before the harvesting get ready to teach me a lesson that there's never a time to really relax.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
In my part of the country it isn't really until mid/late June when summer eventually arrives. Rolleyes Early June is often cold,windy and sometimes wet! Sick There is still an 'edge' to the air now and all the locals are wondering when summer will begin this year? Huh

Nothing to do with global warming.............it's just always been like that! Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I like May. Its lighter for longer, there's warmth in the sun, the fruit trees are in blossom with the promise of autumn fruits, the GH can stay open all day and there are no worries about frost. Lots of flowers and bees and birds nests. The only downside is the weeds that are popping up everywhere!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot

Vinny Offline
(14-06-2022, 12:47 PM)Veggie Wrote: I like May. Its lighter for longer, there's warmth in the sun, the fruit trees are in blossom with the promise of autumn fruits, the GH can stay open all day and there are no worries about frost. Lots of flowers and bees and birds nests. The only downside is the weeds that are popping up everywhere!
My thoughts of May are rampant creeping buttercup! Angry Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
That's what I've been pulling up today -and its June. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Vinny Offline
(14-06-2022, 04:04 PM)Veggie Wrote: That's what I've been pulling up today -and its June. Big Grin
It starts in May with some pretty flowers then in June it just starts sending out runners trying for world domination! Cry

I blitzed an area with woodash thinking it preferred acidic conditions so i would try and turn area alkali................how wrong can you be, it flaming loves it! Angry Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I have to pull it ten months of the year! Bloody stuff only stops growing in December and then it's spreading runners again by March
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny