What are you planning on saving
Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
What seeds are you planning/ hoping to save this year ? 

My plan to save primrose seeds for the second year running isn’t going to happen. Voles are taking them long before they’re ready to collect. 

I’m hoping to save autumn king carrots this year. This will be a first for me. I left half a tub in the tunnel over winter and flower spikes are starting to appear. 

Also planning on saving honesty , rock roses , Aubrieta, sweet pea & beans ( 1 runner, 1 DFB, 2 CFB)  . Lots can go wrong before that happens.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • doublyjonah, Mark_Riga, Norfolk Grey, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I'd like to save some tomato and tomatillo seeds. Also some peas and sweetpeas. I'd like to save some beans, but I'm growing quite a few varieties, so it may be hard to keep them separated. I'll try to save some dill too. Maybe some mustards, and radishes. Then hopefully some flowers too.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • doublyjonah, Small chilli, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Oh the pressure! I haven't even had germination of most things I hope to save.

I'm planning to save several types of beans and a couple of types of peas (actually have at least four now that I think about it). I'll try some nasturtium and cosmos as well. I have at least six types of sweet peas sown that I hope to save from but whether I manage to keep track of them and grow them to maturity, we shall see.

Most of my other things to grow are avid crossers like pumpkins, so I know I don't have the time and energy for saving those.
[-] The following 5 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Farendwoman, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I've promised the Incredible Seed Library that I'll grow some Gardener's Sweetheart tomatoes, Siberian Podarok cucumbers and Neckargold CFBs for their seed library. Should be enough to share here too. I also want to save some Gardener's Ecstasy toms. Not sure what else yet as I'll wait until I've seen that my seedlings have a future. Hopefully, Bijou mangetout, some CFBs, possibly giant Bolivian Achocha.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Spec

SarrissUK Offline
I will try to keep one plant of tomato, tomatillo and anything else I want to save in the conservatory, or it will be cross pollinated I think. I have several types of each growing, so how far apart do you think they have to be? Tomatillos can probably go in two greenhouses and the conservatory, but I have more than three types of tomatoes lol

We shall see what else is available to save Smile

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Anyone intending to save seeds this year, should read RealSeeds advice first. https://www.realseeds.co.uk/seedsavinginfo.html
For example, most tomatoes don't crosspollinate and there's advice on recommended spacing for beans and more.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, SarrissUK, Small chilli, Spec

JJB Online
Moonraker
Quick answer is, I haven't got a clue. If beans cross pollinate, the all the beans I've sown this spring are suspect. Smile I might have some interesting ones
There might be a few tomatoes that I haven't shared before. As for flowers, it's unlikely I'll be successful there - except for the ubiquitous marigolds.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

Garrett Offline
I have some regulars I always save - nicotiana sylvestris, cosmos purity, cerinthe, morning glory, nasturtiums, any favourite tomatoes.

This year I'm going to save from some annual climbers I haven't grown for years - ipomoea lobata, thunbergia and canary creeper. I'm trying tithonia (Mexican sunflower) for the first time so might save that if I end up liking it.

I'll also save any of the new tomatoes I'm growing this summer but only if I really enjoy them. Trying to be ruthless! Finally, I'll be saving seed of all the dry shelling beans.
[-] The following 3 users Like Garrett's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Small chilli

Spec Offline
(02-05-2022, 06:47 PM)Veggie Wrote: I've promised the Incredible Seed Library that I'll grow some Gardener's Sweetheart tomatoes, I also want to save some Gardener's Ecstasy toms.
Veggie are those tomatoes old verieties, I have never heard of them before
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Farendwoman

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
No, Spec, they're not old varieties. Real Seeds sell them -

Gardeners' Sweetheart NEW
A very sweet , and interestingly-shaped cherry tomato, added to the trials by Ben. It makes small heart-shaped cherries with a smooth texture and rich flavour. Low-juice compared to most other cherry tomatoes.

Originally bred by Will Bonsall, from a chance cross between Gardener’s Delight cherry and a plum tomato. Just a few packets available at the moment from the trial plants.

Gardeners' Ecstasy AMAZING FLAVOUR, EARLY
This is a new variety bred a few years ago by Tony Haig, who called it 'Gardeners Ecstasy' because it tasted even better than 'Gardeners Delight'

We find it combines excellent flavour and good productivity: hundreds of cherry tomatoes with a delicious mix of sweetness and acid.

I'm growing both this year for the first time.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, Spec